Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New member and some Hamer photos

Hi, I'm new here, I registered a few months ago but didn't write until now. My english is not very good, so I read more than I write.

I knew Hamer by chance, after some years playing bass I returned to guitar and started looking for a guitar locally. Someone was selling an Artist, so I search for some info and ended here in this forum and was convinced. I finally bought the guitar and was greatly impressed by the quality and the sound:

P1070029.jpg

P1070031.jpg

P1070032.jpg

Some months later I found a good deal on a Chaparral, so the family grew a little more. Is also and incredible instrument, both clean and in thrasher mode.

P1070025.jpg

P1070026.jpg

P1070027.jpg

I found amazing that Hamer gets so little attention, but I suppose is better for us 😁. Now I'm getting some serious GAS about a bass, and yesterday almost bought a B12L, but I though it was too pricey and let it pass. I know one day I will get one.

I'm happy I found this forum, I like the atmosphere and humour I'm seeing here.

Welcome!  Nice guitars, and I must say, your written English is quite good.  It's about 1,000,000,000,000 times better than my written Spanish.  🙂

3 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

Anybody notice the Artist has crowns but no binding? Custom order? Looks awesome.

Did not notice the absence of binding initially but did note that the fingerboard appears to be ebony. What year did the availability of 'full crown' inlays cease?

Welcome to coolest forum on the net. Good peeps here with a boatload of Hamer knowledge. 
That Artist with the crowns looks incredible...amazing how much it dresses that guitar up.

3 hours ago, rugby1970 said:

Welcome!! Very nice guitars and excellent photography skills.

Indeed! VERY cool Hamer guitars and great PICs! Welcome aboard!:)

Now I am lucky that I had have found my Artist Korina in Madrid two years ago before you are on the "green" :-) 

Welcome!

Very welcome to the HFC atmosphere. Enjoy the humor and of course your Hamer guitars. This sure is a great place for GAS.

1. Welcome to the best guitar forum on the 'net!
  2. Your guitars are very nice
  3. Your English is outstanding
  4. I hope you, your friends, and family are all coping with the corona lockdown
  5. and welcome, again!  You'll love it here.

Thanks to everyone!

Yes, the Artist was a custom order from 2007, with ebony fingerboard and and crown inlays. I bought to the original owner, who said to me that he liked the 25th anniversary one, but ordered this way because he didn't truly believe he can customize it. I think he nailed it, it does not have a flametop like others I have seen, but I like the simple look it has.

A closest photo of the fingerboard, I think it matches great with the red color. As we say in spanish, it's darker than a cricket's armpit 😄:

P1070035.jpg

The Chaparral is from 1989, and was nearly NOS. I didn't know that when I bought, the photos on the add were a bit blurry - I was lucky on that one.

Welcome to the board! We need more Europeans for sure. I hope you don't have to much of a hard time in Spain right now with the lock down. Our singer is there and he can not come home until the 26 of april, as it looks right now. Lovely Hamer's. Keep posting here. And take care.

Archived