Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA 84 Scarab burst

Is yours bound, Cmartin? Pic makes it look so, but could be an illusion.

The PSA is pretty...  pretty freakin' over priced.

9 minutes ago, Cmartin said:

Yes sir, front and back binding 

THAT is fucking cool. 

5 hours ago, Cmartin said:

That’s a beauty! Here’s my 86

AA7309F4-43C8-4BF8-899E-048FD1894C27.jpeg

I’m going to check to see if that was one of the NAMM guitars or if it was ordered after somebody saw the NAMM display that year.  What’s the serial?

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

I’m going to check to see if that was one of the NAMM guitars or if it was ordered after somebody saw the NAMM display that year.  What’s the serial?

Thanks that would be great! it's 616823

I got it last week from the original owner, he said that it was ordered by Elliot Easton but for some reason he never took possession of it so he bought it

1 hour ago, Cmartin said:

I got it last week from the original owner, he said that it was ordered by Elliot Easton but for some reason he never took possession of it so he bought it

That explains the lefty.  Wow, what a rare treat! Welcome!

I heard back from Elliot Easton this morning - that one was never his, nor built for him, apparently.   Waiting to hear back as to whether that may have been a NAMM guitar or not, but will try to track down a logbook reference.  

From EE:  “I never ordered it and they wouldn’t have built that for me. it doesn’t appeal to me at all. in Hamer’s later period, I had their Firebird style w a Floyd, a Prototype, some Phantoms. And one phantom with Roland synth guts built in.”

2 hours ago, cmatthes said:

I heard back from Elliot Easton this morning - that one was never his, nor built for him, apparently.   Waiting to hear back as to whether that may have been a NAMM guitar or not, but will try to track down a logbook reference.  

From EE:  “I never ordered it and they wouldn’t have built that for me. it doesn’t appeal to me at all. in Hamer’s later period, I had their Firebird style w a Floyd, a Prototype, some Phantoms. And one phantom with Roland synth guts built in.”

Thank you for looking into it I appreciate it!

Elliot added:

”Sorry, it was a black pinstriped Prototype that had the Roland synth guts built in.”.  Not related to your Scarab, but definitely a cool one to be on the lookout for!  

I also chatted with Jol earlier and he said this about your cool lefty Scarab:

“The guitar in question was logged in on 9/17/1986 as an SCII (L) FRT-TSB/batch #371. Which I'm sure you know means Scarab 2 lefty, Floyd Rose Trem, tobacco sunburst. No other notations regarding who ordered it. It looks pretty cool, and familiar. It seems too far away from either NAMM date to be for the show, as we always got started late for those guitars. If it had been for EE it would most likely been noted (unless our crew was too high or drunk) and regardless, Easton's name would have been on it. Take care, and keep on waving the Hamer flag!”

Hope that helps!

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

Elliot added:

”Sorry, it was a black pinstriped Prototype that had the Roland synth guts built in.”.  Not related to your Scarab, but definitely a cool one to be on the lookout for!  

I also chatted with Jol earlier and he said this about your cool lefty Scarab:

“The guitar in question was logged in on 9/17/1986 as an SCII (L) FRT-TSB/batch #371. Which I'm sure you know means Scarab 2 lefty, Floyd Rose Trem, tobacco sunburst. No other notations regarding who ordered it. It looks pretty cool, and familiar. It seems too far away from either NAMM date to be for the show, as we always got started late for those guitars. If it had been for EE it would most likely been noted (unless our crew was too high or drunk) and regardless, Easton's name would have been on it. Take care, and keep on waving the Hamer flag!”

Hope that helps!

That’s awesome-thank you for going out of your way and finding out about it’s history!! Very cool and highly appreciated 

3 hours ago, Cmartin said:

That’s awesome-thank you for going out of your way and finding out about it’s history!! Very cool and highly appreciated 

Its normal , you are chating with the #1 😎

Saw that flame top Scarab. Really cool and love the double cream/zebra pickup look but can't justify that price. Cool lefty too. Never seen one like that before with the bound body. Really sets off the shape of the guitar. Thanks for sharing.  

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, Scarab85 said:

It's still there... Does everyone think this is all original? I'm wondering if these flame top Scarab's were custom orders? 

10 hours ago, Scarab85 said:

It's still there... Does everyone think this is all original? I'm wondering if these flame top Scarab's were custom orders? 

Hello, I’ve been wanting this guitar myself.  I’ve tried to do some research on it, a little anyway. I found this pic on Pinterest and I’m almost 100% certain it’s the same guitar.  Do a comparison. The maple flames are identical. The pick ups and housings have been swapped of course. Whether they were the originals put back in or not I have no idea but I would think the pickups would have yellowed from the age if original. Either way, 3800 +240 in shipping= crazy. 

E44B3782-0A19-41B5-B674-2FAE804CBBA6.jpeg

Archived