2013 Les Paul Traditional

1978 Les Paul Custom

2017 Charvel San Dimas Custom Shop

1997 Jackson Soloist

1991 Jackson Fusion

1987 Jackson Dinky Custom

2017 Explorer

1997 Roadhouse Strat

I guess for those that have scores of guitars, maybe what you’re playing most (or list ‘em all). 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh, this ought to be fun:

Hamer:  2001 Artist Korina, 1993 P90 Special, 1990 Centaura, 1994 Hamer Diablo II,  Unknown year Korean Slammer Series Sunburst, Unknown year XT Monaco

PRS:  2016 S2 Mira, 2019 S2 Vela semi hollow, 2015 SE Cust24 Floyd, 2018 SE Cust24 

Gibson:  2013 Les Paul Signature T, 2013 SG Supra, 2015 Les Paul CM

Line6:  2018 Variax Standard

Wayne:  2013 Rock Legend

Carvin:  2004 Bolt HSS

Peavey:  1982 T-60

Ovation:  2004 CC57 Korean made

Kramer:  SC211 and Assault made in Indonesia

EVH:  Wolfgang Chinese made with USA pickups and hard tail

Partscasters:  MIM Fender parts - Silver alder body, SSS and Super V,  Squier Chinese made body/neck with random parts, Charvel Model 4 body with Kahler and Allparts Strat neck.

Yamaha Classical given to me by my cousin when he lost interest in playing.  

Rogue 12 string that pretty much sucks

1981 Gibson Les Paul Std. (tobacco burst)

1995 Gibson Les Paul Special double cutaway (TV yellow)

1999 Martin HD-28

2002 or 2003 Guild JF30-12

1983 Gibson Les Paul Custom 3-pickup (black)

1975 Rickenbacker 4001 bass (black)

1998 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Alpine white)

2004 Fender Telecaster 52RI MIJ (natural)

1974 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe (goldtop)

1980s Hamer Special sustain block (checkerboard)

2007 Hamer Standard Custom (’59 burst)

2006 Hamer Zandard

2008 Dean Cadillac (pinkburst)

1985 Gibson Les Paul XPL (red)

1994 Hamer Daytona (sea foam green)

1993 Hamer Studio (’59 burst)

2010 Gretsch 6131MY (natural)

199x Greco Firebird (brown)

2019 Gretsch 6131MY (natural)

🔫Hamer MONELM

Hamer Talladega

PRS Singlecut

PRS Special 22 Semi-Hollow Limited

EBMM Bongo 5

Ibanez SR805

Browning Citori 725 Trap LH  (That's right, I am packing🔫🤠)

Diamondback DB9

many more.   (guns)

Stock 2014 Fender American Special 'Sandblasted' Telecaster in Sapphire Blue

4 other Partscasters, one of which is a Cabronita-style Tele with P-90s, all others are straight Tele variations

All have ash bodies.

Have I ever said that I like Teles?  And that I like ash?  :rolleyes: :lol:

Basses: 1985 Hamer Cruisebass in Trans Cherry mahogany

2006 Fender MIM Mike Dirnt Precision Bass, stripped ash body

Recent MIM Fender '60's 'Road Worn' Jazz Bass alder body in Sunburst, with 2003 MIM Jazz Bass Fretless neck, rosewood board

Two Ovation Balladeers (non-pickup Model 1111) from the early '80s

Various 1950s Harmony/Silvertone, Supro, Alamo lap steels, some with ash bodies

Did I mention that I like ash?  ;)

'93 Studio Archtop

'93 P-90 Special

'90 Centaura

'13 Fender '72 Reissue Tele Custom

'91 Fender Hot Rod Reissue Stratocaster

'91 Charvel Fusion

'86 Kramer Pacer/Focus mongrel (under restoration right now)

MIK Hamer Standard loaded with Gibson '57 Classics

Ibanez AS73 loaded with Gibson '57 Classics

PRS SE Singlecut with loaded with Gibson '57 Classics

'18 Takamine GJ72CE-12

And, a few others that stay in their cases and probably need to be moved along.

Hamer Prototype II  84

Hamer Cruise Bass  83

Hamer XT standard  2003 or so

Fender USA Bullit Bass  82

Cheap Palmer Flying V early 80's or so

Epiphone Acoustic Late 70's

Just thought about it.  I have no new guitars!

Those I've played in recent months:

Electric:  Norlin era Goldtop Deluxe, Tele partscaster, & "Blackout" Strat (AmSt w/ ebony board)

Acoustic:  Martin D18 & Collings D1 (open E)

Banjo:  Deering Goodtime Six-R & Deering Eagle II (it's a long way off from killing any facists)

Others:

Projects in progress:  Frau Blücher strat & Nashville Bari-Tele

Hamers:  Standard, Blitz, Tally, & Artist

'99 Hamer 25th anni Artist(production model)

"95 Hamer Eclipse

'96 PRS Custom 22

'02 Terry McInturff Taurus Custom (Reserve Program? like  prs private stock)

'06 Epiphone Elitist LP Standard

Warmoth S type parts-caster, 

Warmoth T type parts-caster

Squire Tele parts-caster

Ovation 1788 Balladeer

Guild DV-6 dreadnought

All amps home built

Numerous home invasion deterrents

90's Yamaha Pacifica 312-II. Modified.

90's Yamaha Pacifica 512. Ditto.

06 Yahama 812V. Just arrived. In the honeymoon stage.

90's Godin LGX. Phully Philtoned.

Taylor 414kce. Pre-NT. Also 90's.

Taylor 555. One of the last Lemon Grove cannons.

Breedlove Revival OM-R. NAMM prototype. BCR.

Breedlove Phoenix. Also BCR.

A long and bloody list of Ex's.

Couple guns my Dad left me I don't use.

3 hours ago, Thundersteel said:

I thought you meant packing heat.

Different thread, haha, but that was the joke.  Here's a very long story, but what inspired that thread title:

My Dad was a C-141 pilot for the Mississippi ANG.  According to my Dad, flight crews were issued snub nosed .38 revolvers for personal protection at the beginning of Desert Shield/Desert Storm, the first two rounds in which were rat shot.  Being that all of these guys in Dad's wing are from Mississippi, those quickly went by the wayside for side arms with a little bit more horsepower.  My father carried a 70s Series Colt .45 Gold Cup, of which I am currently in possession. 

The MS ANG fell under what was then Strategic Air Command I believe (any prior service can correct me), and as a strategic airlift wing, Dad's flight was one of the first flights to head to the Gulf for the military build up.  So they're getting ready to leave Jackson, and the subject of the .38s comes up,  Dad laughs and says he basically said to hell with that and brought his .45.  If they crash, he wants more than a .38 with a third of the loads not even fit to square a squirrel off.  It crosses his mind that he probably isn't the only person that arrived at this conclusion, and he looks at the rest of the crew and asks, "All right, what's everyone got?"

The copilot produces a Smith .44 magnum, complete with 7" barrel from out of his flight suit.  Dad said he was laughing so hard at his copilot and his hand cannon that he was crying right up until the loadmaster walked onto the cockpit and unzipped his flight suit to reveal that he had sawed the barrell and stock off of a 12 gauge shotgun and attached it to a rope so he could sling it over his shoulder and wear it under his flight suit, which he carried apparently for the whole war.  

SAC would send out bulletins about this and that, and if I'm remembering correctly, Dad said there was a morning bulletin that came everyday just going over where every one basically was and what the current situation looked like.  He said about a week into the war, one morning the bulletin, which were printed off, ended with the line, "And everybody watch those boys from Mississippi.  Word is they're all packing serious heat."    

That was always one of my favorite stories he told.  If you're from down this way, it's so perfectly Mississippi. 

For some reason, us sitting around in our houses during all of this talking about guitars made me think of that last night, hence the thread title. 

6 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Korina Artists are wonderful. And the vintage carve from the 2001 era is perfect, IMO.

Was unsure I'd get along with it, but when it came up at a great price, I jumped on it.  Fantastic guitar.

'92 Gibson Les Paul Special (Cherry with Gravelin P-90s)

'05 Hamer Studio Custom ('59 Burst w Sheptone pups)

Matt-o-Caster (Parts build, Emerald Green stained swamp ash Cabronita-style with TV Jones Powertron+ and Gravelin Dynosonic style filtertron)

Fender American Performer Jazzmaster (Lake Placid Blue, Novak WR-JM in bridge, Super Vee Bladerunner trem) 

G&L Doheny (Emerald Green sparkle w/ Racing Stripe & matching headstock)    

No guns, other than my biceps......which are like Derringers. 

B67AEFF6-4968-4B38-9728-00547B25B91B.jpeg

One advantage of my collection is that it saves a lot of typing.

• 2005 MIM Standard Telecaster,  agave blue w. Duncan STL-1/SM-3
  • Schecter/Fender PT Partscaster,  goldtop w. Duncan '59s set (see April Premier Guitar magazine)
  • Hamer Slammer Series Sunburst, wine red with Gravelins
  • Washburn D-21 acoustic
  • Squier CV '60s Jazz Bass, sonic blue (technically my son's but its here and he's not)

5 hours ago, LucSulla said:

Different thread, haha, but that was the joke.  Here's a very long story, but what inspired that thread title:

My Dad was a C-141 pilot for the Mississippi ANG.  According to my Dad, flight crews were issued snub nosed .38 revolvers for personal protection at the beginning of Desert Shield/Desert Storm, the first two rounds in which were rat shot.  Being that all of these guys in Dad's wing are from Mississippi, those quickly went by the wayside for side arms with a little bit more horsepower.  My father carried a 70s Series Colt .45 Gold Cup, of which I am currently in possession. 

The MS ANG fell under what was then Strategic Air Command I believe (any prior service can correct me), and as a strategic airlift wing, Dad's flight was one of the first flights to head to the Gulf for the military build up.  So they're getting ready to leave Jackson, and the subject of the .38s comes up,  Dad laughs and says he basically said to hell with that and brought his .45.  If they crash, he wants more than a .38 with a third of the loads not even fit to square a squirrel off.  It crosses his mind that he probably isn't the only person that arrived at this conclusion, and he looks at the rest of the crew and asks, "All right, what's everyone got?"

The copilot produces a Smith .44 magnum, complete with 7" barrel from out of his flight suit.  Dad said he was laughing so hard at his copilot and his hand cannon that he was crying right up until the loadmaster walked onto the cockpit and unzipped his flight suit to reveal that he had sawed the barrell and stock off of a 12 gauge shotgun and attached it to a rope so he could sling it over his shoulder and wear it under his flight suit, which he carried apparently for the whole war.  

SAC would send out bulletins about this and that, and if I'm remembering correctly, Dad said there was a morning bulletin that came everyday just going over where every one basically was and what the current situation looked like.  He said about a week into the war, one morning the bulletin, which were printed off, ended with the line, "And everybody watch those boys from Mississippi.  Word is they're all packing serious heat."    

That was always one of my favorite stories he told.  If you're from down this way, it's so perfectly Mississippi. 

For some reason, us sitting around in our houses during all of this talking about guitars made me think of that last night, hence the thread title. 

Cool story!  I'm not sure (especially since the Air National Guard units had/has different affiliations/aircraft compliments over the years, depending on mission requirements), but IIRC most ANG transport aircraft fell under MAC (Military Airlift Command) during the Gulf War, at least when it came to getting folded into prolonged Active Duty service with other transport aircraft units and commands.  MAC's transport aircraft was combined into AMC (Air Mobility Command) along with SAC's (Strategic Air Command) refueling aircraft (tankers) in 1992:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Airlift_Command

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Mobility_Command

I was once attached to a C-9 Medevac Squadron (Clarification/Correction: I was part of the USAF's Pacific Air Forces, actually belonging to Clark's 13th AF Hospital and doing support with the Medevac Squadron, but the Squadron itself was MAC and not PACAF, now that I think about it...gotta love those acronyms!) at Clark AB, Philippines, back in the late '80's; Clark was a busy place for aircraft, lots of transient transport aircraft from the States, Guam, Japan, and elsewhere going through there...I remember one day, running an errand to the flightline in the Squadron's blue Metro van, and passed a C-130 parked nearby on the flight line with it's rear cargo ramp half open.  All I could see of the inside of the tail of the aircraft was a huge pile of locally-made wicker furniture!  Somebody obviously had gone shopping while passing thru.   :rolleyes:

BTW, back then, the unofficial 'nickname' of MAC (probably coined by people who weren't part of MAC) was 'Maybe Airplane Come'.  ;) :lol:

Here's what's in my collection:

Gibson Electrics:

'63 Gibson Cherry ES-330 w/ Bigsby

'70 Gibson Cherry ES-335

'80 Gibson "Jimmy Wallace" '58 RI LP Standard

'80 Gibson Cream Explorer

'83 Gibson Cherry ES-335 Dot

'89 Gibson HCSB  LP Standard

'00 Gibson Amber Classic Premium Plus LP

'01 Gibson Black LP Jr.

'02 Gibson Amber DC LP

'05 Gibson Black LP Studio