Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What’s everyone currently packing?

Shishkov Ultimate #73, Suhr Pro series T1 Sonic Blue/Rosewood, 2013 LP Traditional Lightburst, 2012 Fender American Standard Strat Charcoal Frost/Rosewood,

1995 PRS CE 24 Maple Top Black Cherry (bought new) ,2005 EBMM Steve Morse Buttercream (1 of 2 in that year's COY run), 2019 Rickenbacker 660/12 Ruby, 1979

Ibanez ST-50 Black (my first electric-it went missing for 18 years when I left for Berklee and a drummer friend found it under his basement stairs in 2011.

I picked it up from him at a rest stop on the Garden State Parkway.)

Taylor 514CE, Taylor 454CE, Yamaha LS6-ARE

2019 Rickenbacker 4003S Mapleglo, 1993 EBMM Sterling Bass Red/Maple, 1996 Lakland 4-94 Amber/Maple, Fender MIJ '60s Traditional Jazz Bass Fretless Sunburst

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recently in use:

2019 Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster

2006 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass fretless

2013 Fender Stratocaster "Partscaster", built from Fender replacement parts, Am. Std. body, Am. Special neck, Fender/Floyd Rose locking trem, Fender Twinhead/Dimarzio Chopper pickups

I don't play a lot while I am at home, but when I play, I use one of these. The Acoustasonic is fun to use, though I still have to get used to the string gauge (11 set), the bass is nice for trying jazzier stuff, the Strat too. The Hamers rest in the case in the moment.

Fender_trio.jpg

On 4/10/2020 at 10:46 PM, Jack C said:

Looks like you’d need a tetanus shot after playing that Strat, Brooks.  I love it!

Ha! Whatup Jack! 

Typically I kinda look down my nose at relics (I even considered replacing the body), but this thing just plays and sounds so great that I don't want to mess w/ it (plus its so over the top that it looks like a Jackson Pollack painting, so yeah its grown on me).

Huber Orca Custom 

'13 Gibson R9 LP

'64 Gibson SG Jr.

'94 Hamer Studio Custom

Hamer BCR Jr.

T style Partsocaster

Also an acoustic or 2 and a project or 2

16 hours ago, Hamer_SS_guy said:

Recently in use:

2019 Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster

2006 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass fretless

2013 Fender Stratocaster "Partscaster", built from Fender replacement parts, Am. Std. body, Am. Special neck, Fender/Floyd Rose locking trem, Fender Twinhead/Dimarzio Chopper pickups

I don't play a lot while I am at home, but when I play, I use one of these. The Acoustasonic is fun to use, though I still have to get used to the string gauge (11 set), the bass is nice for trying jazzier stuff, the Strat too. The Hamers rest in the case in the moment.

Fender_trio.jpg

Love the Acoustasonic!I have never seen one before.

1 hour ago, gorch said:

Love the Acoustasonic!I have never seen one before.

Yes, most shops were waiting for them to arrive when I got mine, found it at Musik Produktiv in Ibbenbueren. I think they are now available elsewhere too. Since then, Fender also does an Acoustasonic Strat. I listened to some clips when they used the electric sound and it sounded good. But I use it as an acoustic only.

This is my home gamer rig.  The Tele is recent but my main guitars are the Tele, Manson DR-1, Gibson R0, Sadowsky Will Lee, Fender CS Geddy Lee, Spector NS2 Doug Wimbish and Fender WW10 strat. A mix of E & Eb tuned instruments. The Manson has a sustainer so its great for feedback & sustain effects in madison square bedroom. The Spector cops all the Tool sounds and anything with massive bass distortion. The Geddy is very special.  Jason Smith cloned Geddy's touring bass, the one with the body from 72. FCS teambuilt copies from that bass. Sounds exactly as you'd expect. If I'm playing on someone else's recording, they usually want the Sadowsky. Much more polite than the others and it just seems to sit nicely in almost any track. Much less finicky to record too just direct thru a purple compressor. During this lockdown the Hamers are coming back out.  They all need new strings and setups since I've been on this ride.   

Eb36aHL.jpg

• 1995 Hamer Artist Studio
  • 2008 PRS Mira
  • 2001 Fender Highway One Stratocaster
  • ~2007 CIJ Fender '62RI Telecaster
  • 2012 G&L ASAT Korina Jr. II
  • 2012 Collings OM1 acoustic
  • 2007 Martin 000-15
  • 1965 Selmer Mark VI Tenor Sax (this was my main instrument in college)
  • 2015 Casio PX-160 digital piano

I've been considering paring this down when life gets a bit less strange. For the guitars, keeping the Strat, an acoustic, and either the Hamer or PRS.  On the other hand I've wanted a 335-ish semi-hollow for a long time, so I might add another instead. 

Silvertone Jimmy Reed Thin Twin '5X?
Kramer Stagemaster Deluxe '88
Hamer Sunburst MIK  '9X?

Fender Tex-Mex Strat '96
Fender Tex-Mex Strat '97
Fender 60's Baja Telecaster '16

Yamaha classical '82
Yamaha steel string '7X?

Squier PJ bass

@kizanski - A white LP custom is one of a handful of bucket list guitars I have left.

I’d love to have the G&L ASAT I had a few years ago back, and I also want to get a Super C eventually.  That’s pretty’s much it as far as dream guitars. 

On 4/13/2020 at 1:36 PM, Devnor said:

This is my home gamer rig.  The Tele is recent but my main guitars are the Tele, Manson DR-1, Gibson R0, Sadowsky Will Lee, Fender CS Geddy Lee, Spector NS2 Doug Wimbish and Fender WW10 strat. A mix of E & Eb tuned instruments. The Manson has a sustainer so its great for feedback & sustain effects in madison square bedroom. The Spector cops all the Tool sounds and anything with massive bass distortion. The Geddy is very special.  Jason Smith cloned Geddy's touring bass, the one with the body from 72. FCS teambuilt copies from that bass. Sounds exactly as you'd expect. If I'm playing on someone else's recording, they usually want the Sadowsky. Much more polite than the others and it just seems to sit nicely in almost any track. Much less finicky to record too just direct thru a purple compressor. During this lockdown the Hamers are coming back out.  They all need new strings and setups since I've been on this ride.   

Eb36aHL.jpg

Wimbish Spector.... dang. Others are fantastic, too!

On 4/9/2020 at 8:19 PM, scottcald said:

Pretty cool.  How heavy is it?  Is it full thickness?  

Yes, standard tele body using 1 mm steel sheets (1/25 ' if that makes any sense). Weights 11 lb, heavy but still usable.

Archived