Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Don't know if you guys are into this but it's FREE

https://www.sweetwater.com/feature/ozone-elements/

The install took a while and I probably didn't have to, but I installed iLock because the instructions were a bit confusing since I was hardly paying attention. But it's Free. I felt after installing these two packages, the second was required, it was IZotope manager or something, which crashed on the first install, probably because I was watching Westworld at the same time. So I closed out VLC viewer and the second attempt worked and installed. But, the program had glitches and took several trials to install Ozone 9. I felt after this that I probably installed bloatware and it's probably searching my computer for my dick pics at this very moment. But hey, it's FREE.

Many thanks.  I got my activation/license email yesterday and plan to download today. 

I have Reaper on my PC I downloaded a couple of years ago (and opened once). 

However, I believed the Positive Grid Spark I pre-ordered would ship when they said (when they took my money back in November) and sold my Yamaha THR10, so right now I have no interface.  Given the Spark's delays, I might be better off just snagging a Scarlett (or something) from Sweetwater.

Rabbit hole... but a possibly productive one...

Ah, I'd forgotten about this game (last played with Cubase): download a License Manager, activate License Manager, download Software, activate software...  Did what was instructed and wound up with this (see screen shot).  It appears I am to activate my software TO a LOCATION, yet I have no locations to which to activate.  This makes as much sense to me as calling something in the DAW a "transport."

image.png

My PC isn't a location.  I started Reaper and it doesn't appear in the location possibilities.

Any ideas on a location to activate (assuming I need to activate to a location since, according to iLok it is not yet activated (All Activations = 0), even though I activated it with the product key supplied by Sweetwater).

Hmmm... the iLok key is usually where I activate any license that requires an iLok. That way i can just move the iLok between computers when I want to do something on my Mac Pro vs my iMac (where my iLok normally sits).

i’m puzzled as to why the dongle wasn’t available as a selection. Obviously your iLok was plugged in when you were trying to activate right?

Are you talking about a USB storage device? I just downloaded all this biz to my PC as Sweetwater instructed.

From context of your comment I think I understand the concept now. The instructions gave me what but no why. Makes perfect sense now (no sarcasm intended whatsoever). Thanks!

iLok is a means of making the license portable. That's actually really cool. Much more useful than the Cubase license management system I'd used before.

The iLok dongle isn’t cheap but it’s a necessary part of these dang paranoid plug in developers.

I think they are $40.

For some good news, that software bundle from iZotope will open a back door where you can upgrade to the “advanced” version for cents on the dollar at some point... iZotope will run several sales a year where you can upgrade for very little.

You definitely do not have to use ilok for isotope stuff.

you can run it on I think two or three computers.

I have the music production suite, the vocal swuite, RX seven advanced and I don’t use Ilok

You don’t even have to use isotopes software manager. You can download the software and use serial number to install it.

You should have an account on isotope where you can find your serial numbers and installers for individual applications.  I’m on my phone so it’s a pain in the ass to change the s to a Z in Isotope

On 4/11/2020 at 11:33 AM, velorush said:

Many thanks.  I got my activation/license email yesterday and plan to download today. 

I have Reaper on my PC I downloaded a couple of years ago (and opened once). 

However, I believed the Positive Grid Spark I pre-ordered would ship when they said (when they took my money back in November) and sold my Yamaha THR10, so right now I have no interface.  Given the Spark's delays, I might be better off just snagging a Scarlett (or something) from Sweetwater.

Rabbit hole... but a possibly productive one...

Ah, I'd forgotten about this game (last played with Cubase): download a License Manager, activate License Manager, download Software, activate software...  Did what was instructed and wound up with this (see screen shot).  It appears I am to activate my software TO a LOCATION, yet I have no locations to which to activate.  This makes as much sense to me as calling something in the DAW a "transport."

image.png

My PC isn't a location.  I started Reaper and it doesn't appear in the location possibilities.

Any ideas on a location to activate (assuming I need to activate to a location since, according to iLok it is not yet activated (All Activations = 0), even though I activated it with the product key supplied by Sweetwater).

Yeah, these were the issues I had but I thought it was because I wasn't paying attention. I finally installed it to location, I think, which was a picture of the computer screen, I think. Looks like Zen got you through it. I plan on suing this with Reaper. 

• 1 month later...

Here is a great starter pack from Izotope.  The Elements for ozone that was free here plus the other three versions and more software for 49$.  If you are looking to get into digital recording and or mixing and mastering this is a great CHEAP way to get started.  Some very useful tools here.

https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/deals.html

Archived