Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Korina Artist Custom

Any of you guys familiar with this model? Of course I've seen many Korina Artists, but can't recall ever seeing one with full body & neck binding and crown inlays. It looks to me like it may be some special run in (I believe) 1998 as there is a number "031" under the serial number.

y4mQMp1jHWdwr0cNn67YzwCsF3hnDV1zeGzaTRX2

y4mdK8w2nf36XJ05gfWfCrzhIlxKFhVZrewEFKOM

y4mctRi-DvQB_TOG5Pybax48hRgM8osEkgfak-Ic

I think I’ve only ever seen pics of one AK custom, never one in real life. 

I like it. Of course, I prefer the jazzburst finish over Korina, but I may be in the minority on that one...

I have one of each. A Korina Artist with P90’s and a maple top with Humbuckers. They sound different as they should. But they both sound and play great!!

16 hours ago, ArnieZ said:

It was a limited edition, I think 36, I could be mistaken. My brother in law has one. Nice guitar!!

arniez

Thanks Arnie. That's also the info I received from Steve M, a 36 piece limited edition.

I received it today. It needs new strings, some adjustments and a set up. Also is pretty dirty, so it needs a good cleaning, too. But it's in pretty good shape for a 20 year old guitar, though it does have some evidence of being played. I'll put up a full NGD when I get it up to playing condition. Here's a quick pic I just took. This seems to capture the true color a little better. The listing pics are a bit on the dark side.

y4mrvUNa032Rek4F9tCOFU24zA8F5mMzlXnW9Llz

Korina Artist’s are the bomb!! Love mine!! They have a incredible tone of their own! To my ears a bit more mids and top end but yet with a great woody tone. I sold all of my semi hollows after I got P90 Korina, then bought a maple top humbucker Artist. Between those two guitars I can cover a lot of territory. From LP to 335 turf. Kind of like Les Paul and  ES335 had a baby!!

The one tone I have not been able to find is a Strat tone. But for getting into the Gibson territory they do it well! 

Archived