Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Washburn A10 no longer available.

54 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

$300 is a good deal on that one. 

Mines a little beat up no breaks or anything just was missing a red number knob , dings and belt buckle rash . Had to spray clean the switch To get it working properly . Replace two latches on the original case . But yeah still a good deal . The guitar plays real nice and sustain is great . Intonation is great too . 

I had an A10V with a set neck and non-locking trem from 1985 to about 1995. 

The V in the neck was pretty pronounced, which I liked. 

It played well, sounded good, but the non locking trem was garbage. The metal was so soft that the pivot edges got dull. It creaked, which was audible through the amp. I'm glad to see this black one with the fixed bridge won' t have those problems.

And as you can imagine, with the sharp angles the strings make going over the nut, it didn't stay in tune through even one song. 
The stock pickups were terrible. The bridge pickup was so microphonic it was unusable with  distortion. 

I put a PRS HFS and a Duncan pickup in mine and it sounded great. 

It was a hard decision to part with it but I traded it toward an ESP that I still have and which is a great guitar.

On 4/19/2020 at 11:32 AM, Montelovesco said:

Damn - did I miss something? I MUST spend more time here again...

Is the A10 still there?

I haven't gotten it yet. We are moving very little here.  I hope to get it sometime this weekend 😊

On 4/23/2020 at 10:21 PM, bigolsparky said:

I haven't gotten it yet. We are moving very little here.  I hope to get it sometime this weekend 😊

Let me know... Maybe we can work something out... 

Well, it looks as though my friend had a change of heart.  He is now not interested in selling the A10.  If anything changes I will snag it.  I laid hands on it yesterday and it is a very nice axe.  It definitely needs some love.  I believe the strings are original and the frets are oxidized badly.

Archived