Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Covid19 Quarantine Guitar!!!!

My guitar tech had a beautiful LP that he had shown me a couple of months ago, that he wanted to sell

It was a beautiful LP and told him I wanted it and I'd sell some gear to take it off his hands.

Well with all this C19 stuff going on, NOBODY is buying anything off CL or FB Marketplace.

Anyway he called me this weekend and asked me if I could please buy his LP ASAP.

He told me his guitar tech work is pretty much nonexistent, and his wife lost her job 3 weeks ago.

I had to talk to my wife about getting money out of the bank to buy the guitar, and she gave me the green light.

I talked to my buddy, and we came to a price that was fair to both of us.

I was happy to help him out with all the work he does for me.

My new to me 2000 Gibson Amber Classic Premium Plus LP Standard:

49771543142_541a4e081a_b.jpg

49771549172_c96bcf27e5_b.jpg

49770692483_027be0d0bd_b.jpg

49770688153_acd5360551_b.jpg

Looking great! Thanks for your generosity! I made a donation to the local music club the other day as they had started a campaign. I‘d love to go there in the future. Many people spent a share and it looks like they are going to survive for now.

2 hours ago, Hfan said:

Is that your 1st non pawnshop find? I was expecting another awesome mystery find. 

Congrats it’s beautiful. 

Yes.

I RARELY buy any guitars other than killer deals I find in pawnshops.

This was a special circumstance and helping out a friend AND scoring a great guitar was too hard to pass up.

Obviously this wasn't one of those CRAZY scores I get, but it really wasn't supposed to be how cheap I could get it.

It was still a good deal, but I offered more to help him out.

1 hour ago, RobB said:

Beautiful amber finish! They used nice woods on the Premium Plus models. My '95:

Lester2_edit.JPG

Thanks Rob.

WOW!!!

That's an AMAZING top on your Classic.

They did an killer job on the burst blend.

I hope that guitar is never going anywhere.

My biggest guitar sale regret was an amber Gibson LP classic I had traded for from England. Later sold it but it still haunts me. I didn't even change pickups in it which is rare for me as I thought the 500T that it had in the bridge brought the rawk! It was a standard top but showed just the right amount of flame, I don't usually really like them too dentist/lawyer flamey myself!

8 hours ago, ZR said:

My biggest guitar sale regret was an amber Gibson LP classic I had traded for from England. Later sold it but it still haunts me. I didn't even change pickups in it which is rare for me as I thought the 500T that it had in the bridge brought the rawk! It was a standard top but showed just the right amount of flame, I don't usually really like them too dentist/lawyer flamey myself!

My hope is I'm  never in a position, that I HAVE to sell this Classic.

I don't have ANY guitar regrets so far in my life, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Archived