Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD: Pacifica 812V

JGale

2006 Yamaha 812V. Maple over Alder. Locking Spertzels. Medium C profile Rosewood over Maple. JB and two SSL-1 single coils. Yamaha 1000V bridge - height is set like a Tuna O Matic. [insert fish emoji here/]. Korean made.

Ordered 3/20 from Cologne, DE. Just arrived yesterday afternoon. Beyer´s Music GmbH.

812V.jpg

🐟

8 minutes ago, JGale said:

2006 Yamaha 812V. Maple over Alder. Locking Spertzels. Medium C profile Rosewood over Maple. JB and two SSL-1 single coils. Yamaha 1000V bridge - height is set like a Tuna O Matic.🐟🐟🐠. Korean made.

Ordered 3/20 from Cologne, DE. Just arrived yesterday afternoon. Beyer´s Music GmbH.

FIFY

2 hours ago, JGale said:

2006 Yamaha 812V. Maple over Alder. Locking Spertzels. Medium C profile Rosewood over Maple. JB and two SSL-1 single coils. Yamaha 1000V bridge - height is set like a Tuna O Matic. [insert fish emoji here/]. Korean made.

812V.jpg

Jealous.

That's a monster guitar right there.

6 hours ago, JGale said:

812V.jpg

Yamaha makes a fabulous guitar and I have owned many of them through the years. Even the inexpensive models are great guitars for the money. That one you have there is a fine looking guitar to be sure. I owned  a few of the Pacifica 1412 and 1421 models and they were really  wonderful guitars. All gone now but I do own a Yamaha Weddington Custom.Great catch! Enjoy that one!

I don't know models, but the guy who was teaching guitar (and theory) exclusively used Yamahas.  Well, he once bought a T-51, which after a couple of gigs, he sold to me.  He had monster tone.

11 hours ago, Texsunburst59 said:

That's a beauty for sure.

Congrats!!!

I owned a Pacifica 621 back in the mid 90's, but it's long since gone.

Here's one: https://reverb.com/item/33246074-yamaha-pacifica-621-1993-vintage

To be honest, the PAC 721 and even 921 are more common than the PAC 621.  I think the PAC 621 wasn't sold in the US. Or at least not in big numbers.

If you are patient, you can usually find a 721 or 921 for cheaper than that 621 above.  Usually in the $350-$450 shipped range, depending on condition.

Just now, Ed Rechts said:

I forgot what a brilliant solo that one is. That whole first Skid Row album was great.

scottihill.png.95b814938f05d337d53422eb6037b128.png

Gotta love the way Scotti "modifies" his guitars. Most of us add or replace parts, this guy strips it down to the very basics. He must really love that neck and tone.

It does speak volumes that he held on to it all these years and obviously, recorded quite a bit with it during Skid Row's salad days. Is that gaffer tape over the headstock logo?  Here's a really early pic of that "San Dimas" Jackson bolt neck (thinking it's probably an '86).

scotti hill.jpg

Archived