Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
mightymole

FSOT Vox Virage trade for 335, tele, sg, or other?

Posted (edited)

Made in Japan, excellent condition can see some swirling and a little worming on the back when twisiting guitar in the light. From a few feet away looks new. Conservative a 85+ condition. There is an amazing amount of tones with the pickup switching, and proprietary pickups DiMarzio made. The guitar is ergonomic, light weight, and of superb quality. Most everything is custom made when Vox came up with this model. The guitar is mostly hollow and basically Les Paul sized. The attack is similar to a solid body, but has a warmth and sound more of hollow or semi-hollow. Neck is is on the slim side. Comes with case. The outdoor pics are from the previous owner but condition is the same. Indoor are from me. I can take more pics. if desired.
Looking for a larger bodied semi-hollow Japanese 335, a tele, gibson sg, or am open to other ideas. Can add cash. Asking $1,200 obo.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Edited by mightymole
  • Like 1

Great guitars. I was playing my Virage DC (small double cut, like an ES-339) version of this very guitar (same color, same inlays) today, and it is outstanding. Good luck!

• Like 2

Interesting guitar. Unfortunately my 335 is way out of range here. Good luck.

Posted (edited)

Yes I tried out both of the then new models here in Minnesota at "TWIN TOWN" guitars when they first came out. They were both priced at over 2K! A guitar with lots of cool and usable features. Rich Lasner [G-Rok] designed those guitars for VOX.He worked for[Designed] Ibanez,Yamaha,Modulus Peavey, Vox. While at Yamaha he designed the Yamaha Pacifica series and Weddington series of guitars at YGD.

Edited by ARM OF HAMER
  • Like 1

If you like Les Pauls but wish they were better built, lighter, more ergonomic, provided better high fret access, and you could switchably shade the pickups from humbucker toward a P-90 or single coil sound, you should seriously check this out. The 3-D contouring of the body on this (it is arched both around the neck axis and a second axis through the bridge string saddles) is brilliant. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jwhitcomb3 said:

If you like Les Pauls but wish they were better built, lighter, more ergonomic, provided better high fret access, 

C'mon Johnathan.... who could possibly want THOSE features?

If Gibson wanted you to have all that, they'd have included it already over 65+ years of making Les Pauls

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is definitely a well thought out guitar. Vox really put some time and money into this line. I still scratch my head why these did not take off. Probably too much R&D and it was difficult to recoup the cost. Construction of these couldn't have been cheap either. Every setting has totally usable sounds, my favorites are the P-90 settings. Just the right amount of pop and string to string definition. Guitar player reviewed this guitar when it first came out. In the interview with Rick Lasner said he wanted the Virage to have it's own sound. I would say he achieved this. To me it defenitely has some Gibson and perhaps a little Gretsch. The bridge pickup can get retro, the neck a meaty strat sound in P-90. Below is a link to the review and interview.

https://www.guitarplayer.com/miscellaneous/vox-virage-sc

• Like 2

I've seen these guitars in action at Chris Robinson Brotherhood shows, as he plays one.

Really nice guitars and very comfortable to play. Most dealers and players just could not get over the (non traditional) look of the pickup covers.

There are a few things non-traditional about this guitar. The curved body to fit around the player, the pickups and their switching to get an amazing amount of tones. The routing on the inner body to reduce feedback, keep good pick attack, but keep the warmth of a semi/hollow body. As well as several other custom features unique to this guitar. Still open to cash or other electrics feel free to reach out with ideas.

2 hours ago, mightymole said:

Open to ideas :)

Trade?

Eastman01.jpg