Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What the hell was Charlie Watts just doing?

I was wondering the same.

And I could swear I heard a keyboard coming from somewhere too.

At first I thought he could be using sticks that were triggered to a drum sampler, but the further into it they got I think he was just faking it and having fun.  Not sure what Keith was doing and his "harmonies" were, ummm, interesting to say the least...  Ronnie sounded alright as did Mick.  Not sure about McCartney's "Lady Madonna" either, wasn't my favorite and I'm a HUGE Beatles fan.

It was because of the sync problems. There’s a lag with video chats, so musicians in different locations can’t play in time. Looks like they played to a pre-recorded click/drum track, so Charlie was air drumming to it. Even so, the timing was all over the place, but pretty good overall given the limitations.

Looked like he was having fun and sending a message! This music is not live!! Keef appeared to be creating some new chord progressions. I wonder how many will attempt to learn them?

This shouldn’t get political.   Save it for Reddit.

Mick and Ron were great and Charlie was awesome.Watts always is... no matter what he does.  
I am a GIGANTICALLY HUGE Keith fan, but he didn’t do anything on this except prove his increasing reliance on Jagger and Wood.

Jagger refuses to age.

What is this talk about internetspeeds being fast enough, Charlie fakin' it etc? They are the Stones. They can do anything. They are above internetspeed. They comunicate on an astral level far beyound what ordinary humans can understand. The fact that the band has been together all this time and that Keef is still alive is all the proof needed. They sold their souls to Satan in the 60's (the Her Majesty album is the first proof, Sympathy the 2nd). Now they have the power to pull of anything they want. They met at the crossroads, the deal went down. Who are we to doubt their powers? 

7 hours ago, geoff_hartwell said:

Did you guys also catch that the very expensive mic Lady GAga was “singing” into was faced the wrong way?

They were all prerecorded and edited for a “live” broadcast.

Are you saying that Keith Urban is not triplets????

On 4/19/2020 at 7:17 AM, jwhitcomb3 said:

It was because of the sync problems. There’s a lag with video chats, so musicians in different locations can’t play in time. Looks like they played to a pre-recorded click/drum track, so Charlie was air drumming to it. Even so, the timing was all over the place, but pretty good overall given the limitations.

Yeah, standard video chat isn't designed for that. Any software for that kind of stuff always says use wired connections.   Haven't tried any of it though.  

10 hours ago, geoff_hartwell said:

Did you guys also catch that the very expensive mic Lady GAga was “singing” into was faced the wrong way?

That's a pet peeve of mine.  I especially love watching some of the YouTubers who've bought all this gear and have a side address mic and point the end of it at themselves like it's an SM58. 

Archived