Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Idea for my new iPhone 11

I am still toting a 6+ that has seen better days and at least 3 new screens. But I agree with Josh.  Best. Phone.Case. Ever.

Waiting for the new SE to come out. Current SE is about 4 years old. It made a great job though.

I bought a 6 with 64gb when they came out.  First “smart” phone I owned.  Finally replaced it with a iPhone 11 last Oct.  I alway put them in otterbox cases. Not pretty but never broke a screen.

Thanks all. FYI it’s just a clear case. The new iPhones come in some cool colors. We were using two 6Ss and a 7, so it was time to upgrade the whole fam. My wife got hers in yellow (and is using “Banana Phone” as a ringtone 😡 ) my daughter got a red one. 

2 hours ago, mathman said:

I bought a 6 with 64gb when they came out.  First “smart” phone I owned.  Finally replaced it with a iPhone 11 last Oct.  I alway put them in otterbox cases. Not pretty but never broke a screen.

That’s the exact phone I have and I also got an otter box for it. The case is down to literally nothing but the rubber pad where the plastic outside has broken off a while ago. I have a glass screen protector on it that has a couple of cracks. But the phone underneath it all is still solid and in good condition. And I can’t count how many times I’ve dropped my phone on hard surfaces...

On 4/22/2020 at 10:14 PM, Lockbody said:

Needs a little work, and my printer needs more ink, but not bad. 

And after looking at pics of my old guitar, the phone looks pretty close to Surf Green after all. 

F8D8B0D7-618B-44F2-A125-D59FECA88D70.jpeg

Nice. 

Groovy! I didn't know iPhone 11s came in that color. I've been fine with my basic black 7, so far, but it's tempting.  On a very-slightly-related note, I recently started bicycling again after about 30 years.  The one I got is "Sage Green." My first thought was that looks like a cool guitar hue. (I also suspect the color was inspired by a plant other than sage.)

And a picture:

https://spacer.png 

I still use a flip phone.  After many years in the military being tied to some type of device while being 'on call' (Motorola 'brick' radio back in my ambulance days and when deployed, pager when working in either clinics or hospitals), and without much choice in the matter if somebody did contact me, nowadays I don't particularly want to be 'found' by anybody whose telephone numbers I don't recognize, so I keep my communications very basic.  If it's important enough to get in contact with me, I prefer email.

16 hours ago, crunchee said:

I prefer email.

This is why I use a smart phone.  My telephone functionality is essentially reserved for my wife and parental emergencies.  Anyone else is email or text so I remain in control of if and when I respond but can still be reached in fairly short order without the interruption of a phone call.

Archived