Hamer Fan Club Message Center

ISO A Particular 1983 Phantom

Anyone seen this guy?  Asking for a friend... 🤓

E7R9VvA.jpg

Sold it to an HFCer back around '08 or so and lost track of it after that.  Serial Number 3 7991 with untouched electronics and an actual OHSC.  The hog neck was just a hair under what would later be called Vintage Carve.

Search update: stricken with GAS today.

Prolly better if the Phantom turns up later...  much later...   😖

3 hours ago, velorush said:

Search update: stricken with GAS today.

Prolly better if the Phantom turns up later...  much later...   😖

Ooh, whadya get...?

11 hours ago, Travis said:

Ooh, whadya get...?

Imgur isn't playing nice this morning (I'll keep working). Suffice it to say, Rhubarb Red is making his way from Guitar Chimp... Should be here mid-week to join my island of unused toys🤪

Finally got it worked out - man the weird formatting and such brought on by the e-commerce websites!

Pk0CmDf.jpg

I was too intrigued by the prospect of Gibson's newborn quality, the beautifully-executed burst and very subtle, "just enough" figuring on the top.  I seriously couldn't get anyone to talk me out of it.  After the blessing of a certain HFCer 'in the know on all things Gibson,' I succumbed (again, many thanks).  I'll plan a full NGD post when it arrives.

ETA: my first Lester...

Ah, that looks badass!  I’ve never had a Les Paul either. Kinda feel like I should have one at some point. That looks like a good one. Congrats. 

Super cool!

Hhmmm, I remember @zorrow had a white one that he sold one time. Can‘t tell if it were this one. Maybe he chimes in. (Talking Phantom)

34 minutes ago, gorch said:

Hhmmm, I remember @zorrow had a white one that he sold one time. Can‘t tell if it were this one. Maybe he chimes in. (Talking Phantom)

Mine had a six-in-line headstock. Awesome sound and playability, but its neck was excessively thin for my tastes. 

6 hours ago, gorch said:

That was Serials' old veteran of a thousand gigs, wasn't it?  The subject of the search was an earlier one with a much thicker neck (0.88, first fret).  

Archived