Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB - 12 string acoustic

5 hours ago, Rockola said:

Structurally sound Guild preferred.  Simon and Phillips, open peg head ovation.

There are numerous examples on reverb, including 2 or three Glen Campbell slot-heads. 

My suggestion is to find an El Cajon Taylor 12ver. They were the first company (besides Ovation) to guarantee concert tuning on their 12 models. 

If you can find one of these, I'd recommend it.  A buddy scored one exactly like mine for $1,100 a couple of years ago, and I do see great deals every now and again.  They are freaking CANNONS!

JF6512back1.jpg

JF6512.jpg

5 hours ago, cmatthes said:

If you can find one of these, I'd recommend it.  A buddy scored one exactly like mine for $1,100 a couple of years ago, and I do see great deals every now and again.  They are freaking CANNONS!

JF6512back1.jpg

JF6512.jpg

I have that guitar in brand new condition with the film still on the pickguard.  I bought it probably 20 years ago and have played it MAYBE 10 times.  I pull it out every year or two and change the strings for no apparent reason.  Shoot me a PM if you want to talk about it, but I'll say upfront that $1100 wouldn't take it - that's a steal if you can find one for that.

On 4/27/2020 at 1:53 AM, cmatthes said:

JF6512back1.jpg

JF6512.jpg

Chris, what model is this? I'm also considering a 12-string but it will be a few months before I get one.

3 hours ago, gwayne said:

Chris, what model is this? I'm also considering a 12-string but it will be a few months before I get one.

Mine is a 1991 JF-65-12 - built in Westerly, RI.   The newer (New Hartford) models are, believe it or not, better made and in most cases, lighter.  I think the newer model name is the F-412.  If you can find a newer one in a decent price range, I'd say to grab it.

17 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Mine is a 1991 JF-65-12 - built in Westerly, RI.   The newer (New Hartford) models are, believe it or not, better made and in most cases, lighter.  I think the newer model name is the F-412.  If you can find a newer one in a decent price range, I'd say to grab it.

17 hours ago, cynic said:

I think they renamed the 412 the "F-512 Maple" but either case gets you a mahogany neck vice maple.

I just did a cursory look through Reverb and the listings they have are no where close to $1100. I'll definitely keep an eye out for one.

On 5/3/2020 at 11:45 PM, cynic said:

I think they renamed the 412 the "F-512 Maple" but either case gets you a mahogany neck vice maple.

I *think you're right. When I saw that boomer, I thought 512. 

Archived