Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Do you always come back to Hamer?

After a three month trip to Southeast Asia I'm back home in Istanbul and spending the lockdown days reading every post in the forum. And of course playing my Hamer Chaparral. I don't know if it's the case for others but I sometimes tend to forget how great USA made Hamer guitars are start looking for something else. So the result was a Vigier Excalibur Custom from 1997. As you may already know, Vigier is a boutique French brand famous for having no truss rods in their guitars. There is no doubt the guitar is very high quality, such a good superstrat and the neck is fantastic. But no, not better than Chaparral in terms of playability, selection of components, attention to details etc. And I'm not talking about price tags.

I always come back to Hamer and Vigier is on sale:)

IMG_20190611_173507652.jpg

ham.jpg

• Like 10

Been that way for me for quite a while. I’m going to try a Suhr Classic S next. But the Les Paul’s, and Tom Anderson’s have come and gone and I return to my Artist’s. I get everything but Strat sounds out of them and they just feel “natural” to me! 

• Like 1

It clearly shows there is a lot of taste on the Bosporus. B)

Enjoy your Chap!

• Thanks 1

I recently was able to start playing again after laying off a few years due to an issue.  I think my Hamer Artist Studio was the second guitar I picked up. So, yes, I keep coming back to it.  At the moment, though, it's got some competition from a PRS Mira (original version) and a Strat.  Between the Artist and Mira I prefer the Hamer's sound, but I play better on the Mira. I need to have some fretwork done on the Hamer when things get a bit more normal.  

Anyway, a Hamer and PRS "shelfie."

spacer.png

• Like 2

Forgot about to answer the question. No need to go back to Hamer as I have plenty and rarely have others. Essentially, there is always a Hamer on stands for grabs. I don’t have a power strat. However, the models I have are just fabulous.

ETA. Here’s a selection.

3 Hamer Explorers

Hamer Talladega

Edited by gorch
  • Like 2

The Chaparral Bass gets played a lot, since I only have one active band and play bass in that one. My first love has always been Fender. So I also use Fender basses and my Acoustasonic Tele and a Strat. But my 1985 Hamer Steve Stevens is also a fantastic allround guitar and was my main guitar in my last band I played guitar in.

• Like 2

Yes, for me. I just sold a couple of Fenders and a Gibson to buy a Newport Pro and a Special FM while netting some cash. With my Talladega I have a lots of bases covered.

• Like 3

No unfortunately. Although I tried like hell, went through quite a few models, eventually realized the necks were never gonna get longer or wider and thinner all at the same time and the operative word from New England was always "No." They all hurt to sell and a few raise serious gut issues when remembered, but the fucking necks. Custom Shop, my ass.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not yet, but never say never. During my 10 year Hamer obsession I went through:

3 Eclipses (one 12 string)

Newport

Newport 12

Diablo

Korina Artist

Daytona

Arctop GT

Cruisebass

30th Anniversary

All of 'em great guitars, none of 'em really for me. If I could have one back it would be the orange Eclipse. 

• Sad 1