Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Guitar Nut Buster - WTF?

Saw one of the YouTubers hawking this.  Can't really see anyone buying 10 of these for their old Strats or Bigsby equipped guitars at $175 a pop.  If you have one of those vibratos, haven't you already dealt with it in one way or another like cutting the nut properly or better saddles?

https://www.guitarnutbuster.com

Love to hear other thoughts, maybe I'm missing something.  

The name NutBuster, several uses of the phrase "full blown" in the video, seductive looks into the camera after each of his awesome stun guitar demos....this guy gets laid constantly. Amazing he found the time to invent and patent a glorified fishing sinker.

A 21-page setup guide? I think I'll just continue to install my strings properly and avoid "dive bombs."

4 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

My thought has always been that a Bigsby itself is the problem with not returning back in tune.  That spring is not exactly a precision piece. 

And the inventor guy seems to want to use it like a Floyd. Maybe just get the right tool for the job.

Anyone else read the 21-page installation / use guide?  Still trying to figure out how clamping all of the strings to a single, hovering block is going to prevent tuning issues. 

This device does NOT attach to anything other than the strings.  In fact, allowing it to touch the headstock or nut is noted as "wrong."

Maybe the shared string tension allows each string to come back to equilibrium?

15 minutes ago, scottcald said:

And the inventor guy seems to want to use it like a Floyd. Maybe just get the right tool for the job.

I'd be inclined to agree BUT...

...Had this (or locking tuners) been available back in the day, I might very well not have picked up a Floyd equipped ax. That said, unless you're Jeff-fucking-Beck, there's no way you're getting a stock Fender 6 point trem to do some of the crazy shit a Floyd can do. String doohickey or not.

41 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

I'd be inclined to agree BUT...

...Had this (or locking tuners) been available back in the day, I might very well not have picked up a Floyd equipped ax. That said, unless you're Jeff-fucking-Beck, there's no way you're getting a stock Fender 6 point trem to do some of the crazy shit a Floyd can do. String doohickey or not.

Well, but Beck is using a 2 point and a roller nut. 

9 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Welcome to Marketing 101...

Is naming your website and company after one product in that course too?  His video should at least have the guitar wildly out of tune, then installing it and have it be perfect....on a 6 screw trem.  

3 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Is naming your website and company after one product in that course too?

I don't know...  Are we all talking about his stupid product? 

30 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Well, but Beck is using a 2 point and a roller nut.

He is now... but didn't always use  'em.

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 6.07.07 PM.png

This will be displayed in the Useless Guitar Inventions Hall of Fame along with granite trem blocks and picks that count your pick strokes.

Archived