Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1st Carvin Score (Killer Price )

11 minutes ago, killerteddybear said:

This is just pawnshop psychosis. A similar model (new Kiesel DC600), stock is $1250...

I guess they figure they'd get some chump believing the guitar is worth the $2476,  and offer  them 1/2.

They'd think they were low balling and getting a deal, when in reality they were getting it in the bum.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/1/2020 at 3:17 PM, MCChris said:

Don't disparage Schaefer Light by associating it with Carvin.

True.  There are some people who actually learn to like Schaefer Light.

On 5/1/2020 at 6:36 PM, Texsunburst59 said:

I didn't realize there was so much Peavey like hate for Carvin.

You're almost a leper for owning either brand.  😞

You forgot Heritage.

7 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

You forgot Heritage.

I didn't realize there was so much hate for Peavey, Carvin, and Heritage.

I'm sure Brent helped a bit with the Heritage hate.

1 hour ago, cynic said:

No. Heritage helped a bit with the Brent hate. 

Actually, Brent being a rip off artist and trying to screw people over repeatedly accomplished that.

3 hours ago, scottcald said:

Hey, come on guys, how else would we all have learned how to buff our guitars and other top maintenance tips without Brent?   

The only thing he knows how to buff is his prick.

6 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Actually, Brent being a rip off artist and trying to screw people over repeatedly accomplished that.

I didn't know he screwed people over on guitar deals.

THAT'S the worst thing you can do to fellow forum members.

I just assumed that the tool he was, eventually made him unbearable to the forum, and he was banned.

The folly of Brent's "business model" was his assumption that he was more knowledgeable than his counterparts here.  He's still selling "doctored" shit on other forums that will remain nameless.  Every guitar doesn't "tell a story".

1 hour ago, The Shark said:

The folly of Brent's "business model" was his assumption that he was more knowledgeable than his counterparts here.  He's still selling "doctored" shit on other forums that will remain nameless.  Every guitar doesn't "tell a story".

Now I know why.

Thanks for enlightening me.

Congrats on a great deal on the Carvin. I`ve owned many of them and own 3 right now. Your 1988 is definitely neck thru and all maple construction and should be a kinda hefty. I love heavy guitars. I love the M22SD pickup, really rips! Let me know if you want to sell her. Thank you.

17 hours ago, black magic said:

Congrats on a great deal on the Carvin. I`ve owned many of them and own 3 right now. Your 1988 is definitely neck thru and all maple construction and should be a kinda hefty. I love heavy guitars. I love the M22SD pickup, really rips! Let me know if you want to sell her. Thank you.

Thanks BM.

I'm still in the Honeymoon phase right now.

I'm going to play it as much as I can and do a lot of A/B-ing with some of my guitars with hot pickups.

If there's a redundancy with tones of other guitars, then most likely I'm going to sell it.

If you were in Texas we could meet to make a deal.

Unfortunately I don't ship guitars, as I only sell and buy guitars in person.

On 5/1/2020 at 10:18 PM, princeofdarkness56 said:

A buddy had a Carvin bass and swears by them. Same with his Carvin bass amps. 

I also love them. I have a B4A, a B5, an XB75, a PB4, and a Fretless LB70.  They actually did make some good pickups for bass, like the J99 and J99A. Their music man style humbuckers were REALLY mid heavy. Like tear through the wall mid heavy, which is good in some cases.

Archived