Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New guy

Welcome!  A studio custom is a fine first Hamer. Very doubtful it will be your last. 

Welcome aboard, Jimbo.  I think you will enjoy hanging around with us cantankerous old pharts.

Love that Studio Custom, by the way. Allow me to break the ice and be the first here to offer you the Club-approved price of $350 for it.

Nice looking guitar! Welcome to the boards Jimbo!

Greetings Jimbo, nice piece.  

As others have said, now is a great time to learn to do your own setup, unless the guitar is seriously screwed up, should be totally doable.  I will recommend http://gorgomyte.com/ for polishing the frets and conditioning the fretboard.

Thanks for the welcome. I usually do my own setups on my other guitars. And some other interesting mods as well. Figured this time, I'll send a little business to my friend who used to be the local Hamer dealer. 

13 minutes ago, scottcald said:

I had three relatives die of Hameritis in the 1920s. 

I have it on good authority that Hameritis is going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear. Believe me.

A Studio Custom is what brought me here - some 20 years ago. F*** I'm old.....

You found a great guitar and a great bunch of numbnuts. Congrats!

Welcome. My entry to the forum was also the acquisition of a Studio Custom.  Great place for advice, jokes and opinions. And history. Apparently lots of old farts here. 😏

Welcome! And that IS a fine Hamer, you will see many fine Hamer guitars[And others as well] here on the HFC. This IS a great place to be, great people and great guitars and a forum unlike any other.:)

Archived