Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
Jakeboy

Live Doobies in isolation

This is very well executed...they still sound great.

• Like 5

Yeah that was great stuff. Thanks for the link.

If you get a chance check out BOC doing Godzilla recently in the same format. 

Jeebus man. I was in boot camp in Orlando when this song was popular. It played over and over and over again on the one radio station we were allowed to listen too on Sunday afternoons.

Over and over and over and over.

Still like it though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw this on Facebook and love it!  Great song (that I really should learn someday), and the fiddle and harmony vocals are amazing.  When I was just a kid, an older boy that rode my bus taught a few guys how to do the vocals on 'funky dixieland' part and they would sing it in the back of the bus.  I thought that just the coolest thing.  Later that same kid started playing drums and I distinctly remember going over to his house to watch him jam with this guitarist and they played some ZZ Top and to my amazement, Tom Sawyer!  I couldn't comprehend that anyone I knew could be talented enough to play something like that.  He was also the one who told me to play guitar when I wanted to take up drums.  Big influence on me.

Yeah, I just showed it to my wife who is a big fan of that particular song. The Doobs seem to be holding up quite well.

I remember going to see them at the Spectrum when I was in high school for their "Farewell Tour".

That was in 1982.

Do I feel cheated or not?   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Do I feel cheated or not?   

Your call.

19 hours ago, specialk said:

Farm Out!

Right arm!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

From the sound of it, I had always thought this song was in an open tuning and never tried to learn it (I knew the low E was dropped to D, but I thought it might be DADGAD or something more to it like that).  Then I saw this video and saw the first chord was an Am7 and gave it a shot.  I ended up learning it in one shot just sitting there playing off of that first chord I saw in the video. Granted, my version is strummed instead of fingerpicked but it's easily recognizable.  I'm stoked to learn such a great song that I thought I would never have a shot at!

• Like 3