Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Guitar Player Magazine (October 1981) —anyone here has it?

It looks like NAMM Expo 81 was covered in the October 1981 issue of Guitar Player Magazine. Does anyone here have it? It might contain a picture of the Hamer booth, where one guitar I own might appear —the guitar is pictured below.

If you own the mag, would you please share with me some pictures of the NAMM feature?

Thanks a lot in advance!

715542F7-F2B0-4AA2-9299-9E6662932EB4.jpeg

I had a subscription back then and vividly recall that issue.  I don't recall seeing the camo Vector in there, but there's a possibility.  I have a pretty photographic memory of a lot of those old magazines because I read them and reread them dozens of times as a kid!

4 hours ago, svl said:

Thanks for the heads up! Would buy if I could confirm the camo Vector is in there somehow. 

I have all of the early ones except for a very few issues,I'll look today and see if I have have it and get a photo and post it IF I do.:)

Nope! One of the one I missed...................I remember seeing that issue at a guitar show though. The only MAG I get now is The FRETBOARD JOURNAL..............GUITAR PLAYER really went to pot quite a while ago.BRaeITQ.jpgpeR1D6h.jpgpeR1D6h.jpg1WwTYDx.jpg

2 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

Nope! One of the one I missed...................I remember seeing that issue at a guitar show though. The only MAG I get now is The FRETBOARD JOURNAL..............GUITAR PLAYER really went to pot quite a while ago.BRaeITQ.jpgpeR1D6h.jpgpeR1D6h.jpg1WwTYDx.jpg

Thanks a zillion anyway! 🙏🙇

I would go to the library to see for myself, but you guys know the current situation 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, hamerhead said:

Just one more magazine and that poor shelf has had it. :lol:

That shelf WAS perfectly straight when I put all those magazines in there...................................10 years ago.;)

37 minutes ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

That shelf WAS perfectly straight when I put all those magazine in there.

Perhaps some support in the middle?  Just spit-balling.

1 hour ago, tommy p said:

I'm 90% sure I've got it.  I'll look for it in the next couple of days.

Thanks a zillion in advance, mate! 

Bump —please do not forget me 😏

On 5/8/2020 at 5:28 PM, zorrow said:

Bump —please do not forget me 😏

Too late - I already forgot!  Here's pages 1 and 2 of the article.  I'm sure the picture you want is on page 2.  Hope that helps.Scan.jpeg

Scan 1.jpeg

46 minutes ago, tommy p said:

Too late - I already forgot!  Here's pages 1 and 2 of the article.  I'm sure the picture you want is on page 2.  Hope that helps.Scan.jpeg

Scan 1.jpeg

I see that lady there with my guitar! Thanks a lot! 🙏🙇

Now I need to put a WTB ad around here... 😏

1 hour ago, tommy p said:

Rescanned just that area.  Sorry the quality is not great.

Scan 2.jpeg

BTW, the paint schema looks exactly the same, as well as the trussrod cover and all... but the pups are cream and zebra now. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Very cool!  I remembered the Elliot Easton Leopard V, but not the Camo Vector.  

7 hours ago, Ed Rechts said:

You need to look closer. Perhaps administering the spatula treatment could clear your 1981 cataracts

Kiz doesn't have an '81 Cataract, but he did have a '70s Granada...

1 hour ago, svl said:

Kiz doesn't have an '81 Cataract, but he did have a '70s Granada...

But, but, but....his Granada had "Cadillac  converters."

36 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

But, but, but....his Granada had "Cataract  converters."

Fixed.  Come on, people, please stick with the adolescent schtick...

Archived