Hamer Fan Club Message Center

All things synthesizer (and related)

Been having fun exploring the Boss SY-1000 guitar synth.

https://www.boss.info/global/products/sy-1000/

Cool being able to use the actual guitar signal as an oscillator source for any of the three simultaneous synth instruments (along with a signal path for real guitar tones). Here's a demo of a preset I put together over the weekend. One take, no overdubs.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, burningyen said:

I get a 403 error when I try to play your track.

What? No! Censorship! My right to free speech is under attack! I'm going to sign an Executive Order to clear this up!

Or I could just post the thing to SoundCloud...

Thanks for letting me know. 

14 hours ago, jwhitcomb3 said:

Been having fun exploring the Boss SY-1000 guitar synth.

https://www.boss.info/global/products/sy-1000/

Cool being able to use the actual guitar signal as an oscillator source for any of the three simultaneous synth instruments (along with a signal path for real guitar tones). Here's a demo of a preset I put together over the weekend. One take, no overdubs.

If you have a bass laying around I'd love to hear how the SY-1000 performs with it.

9 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

If you have a bass laying around I'd love to hear how the SY-1000 performs with it.

I have a bass handy, but no bass GK pickup. :( A major entry barrier for the SY-1000 is that you need a divided pickup to get the goods (you have access to a small subset of capabilities with a normal pickup).

23 hours ago, jwhitcomb3 said:

What? No! Censorship! My right to free speech is under attack! I'm going to sign an Executive Order to clear this up!

Or I could just post the thing to SoundCloud...

Thanks for letting me know. 

That is so cool! Please tell me you're going to develop that into a song.

BTW: (and I don't know if this is of interest, novel, or just *yawn*, but) the JD-Xi has a 1/4 input in the back - plug in a guitar or bass and it becomes a synth controller. 

Tracks really well.

• 2 months later...

Anyone tried this thing out?  The price is actually pretty reasonable ($250+) ...

https://sensel.com/pages/the-sensel-morph

Anyone used one of these?  The flexibility is really intriguing to me, esp. since I'm on this "west coast" kick with the 0-coast so the crazy sci-fi Buchla overlay looks like a cool compromise vs. buying a real Buchla.  :D 

I got suckered in by Source Audio's "Win a Pedal if you submit Patches" nonsense.  I bought a C4, which is kind of fun.  I have to get over some of the programming limitations, but it does track pretty well, and some cool sounds are to be had.  I've been submitting some patches to their website, which is also fun because it forces me to make a sound clip at the same time.  I think I would love one of those Boss units..

I've been angling to get a Hydrasynth since it blew onto the scene last Sept.  Popped out of nowhere (albeit project lead is an industry scion).  New company (ASM) with unheard of mature beta keyboard -and- desktop models; shipped within 4 months.  Powerfull in terms of capability, but the interface is very intuitive.  Yes, I've downloaded the manuals.  Have been close to getting one a couple times already, but hit a finding rut each time.

Was about to order one on Thursday; the day it was back in stock at Sweetwater after a month.  Wouldn`t you know you it, my computer blew up on me Wed night.   Beginning to wonder if the universe is trying to tell me something. 

Archived