Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Special Junior Import ???

One of these days, after I thin the herd, I would be looking for an import-level single pickup double- or single-cut guitar a la the Gibson Les Paul Special Juniors of yore. 

Does anybody have experience with the Hamer import? Some interesting versions pop up on Reverb every so often with upgraded pickups and tuners.   

Is this a good platform for mods?

Personally, if I were to do such a thing as "downsize" (it's one of the few things in my life at which I have failed) I would use it as an opportunity to keep a better quality of guitars and forego those which don't measure up.
These import Hamers are for beginners and BAMFs. These are not "goal" guitars, unless you plan on using at as a hockey stick.

I tried one of those import juniors recently. price was right, Just didn’t like the playability at all   

I am not a prs guy but some of the stuff in their se import line is nice. Have a baritone se that’s pretty cool.  I don’t get the same “this is import crap” vibe from their stuff.    

The Indonesian guitars sold as Hamers are nice.  You need to try one to make up your mind on them.  Kizanski has it right, though.  You downsize to keep the better instruments.  Just wait for a deal on a USA Hamer with a single pickup.

On 5/8/2020 at 2:35 PM, DaveL said:

I tried one of those import juniors recently. price was right, Just didn’t like the playability at all   

I am not a prs guy but some of the stuff in their se import line is nice. Have a baritone se that’s pretty cool.  I don’t get the same “this is import crap” vibe from their stuff.    

Hi.  Thanks.  Can you add more  on the playability?

On the PRS side,  the PRS SE One is on my radar.  This was a nice example.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-Reed-Smith-SE-One-/124171830432?hash=item1ce937c4a0%3Ag%3AKwAAAOSw40Zeq2u0&nma=true&si=v9NiMKKk7KLVW3hW0rwG4VvDrg8%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

2 of the imported Hamers that I had.. I still have the Bass.. I did some changes on it. Pickups and Headstock award from the military I was in. 82nd Airborne Division..

007.JPG

006.JPG

Archived