Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wraparound TailPiece Replacement Resomax, PT, TonePros

11 minutes ago, topekatj said:

Nice guitar! I thought I’d read somewhere that the Mojoaxe wraptail has a 12” radius, and that most Hamers have a 14-15” radius fingerboard. Any perceived string height variance (over the fingerboard) on the Newport? I suppose the 12” radius is present over the pickups and the arc of the stings flattens out as they approach the nut(?). I see that the bass side of the bridge is kicked out a bit. Does the guitar intonate well?

Yeah, you gotta figure that any bridge of this type is going to be Gibson radius (12"). But for my playing and ears any mismatch between the bridge radius and fretboard radius is a non-issue. The guitar intonates pretty close to perfectly.

• 2 months later...

I have been making and selling a Intonatable Stoptail since the early 1990's. It's made from aircraft aluminum (bridge) with brass saddles and studs.
They play and sound great (if I must say so myself...). Versions for Gibson / Hamer  spec and PRS spec guitars. Comes in a bunch of different finishes. 
Folks such as Billy Gibbons, Davy Knowles, Rick Derringer, among others are "repeat offenders" 😊

More info - www.JohnMann'sGuitarVault.com

spacer.png

When I had my Junior Korina Special I used the newer Faber @cmatthes suggestion and found it was perfect. Plus it affected the tone in a good way.It added some zing and increased sustain. 

Archived