Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Late ‘90s early ‘00 era Artists

Have never had the opportunity to try one, but have loved the look & concept. One big question to those in the know.., are they neck heavy? Do they neck dive? Just seems like they would be. Any insight would be appreciated.

I have on from 2007, and it has a small tendency. I wouldn't call it neck dive, it's more like the balanced position is closer to the first image than to the second:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Best guitar I've ever owned.

Mine is a 2002 and until 0006 arrived it was the guitar I measured all others against. Hangs perfect with a leather strap.

My 2001 is perfectly balanced. Neither neck nor body heavy, so it won't swing up or down with a leather strap. It stays where I put it and never surprises me when I bend over to adjust an amp or pedal. They're perfect. Grab one!

I have 2, neither have neck dive and both are really comfortable for me. One is P90 loaded korina, the other is a maple top w/buckers. They are my favorite guitars!!

I've had a couple of Artists and with a really slick leather strap (My favorite Levy) they would dive a little -more like a slow slide than a dive.  Pearloid tuners or a suede-backed or brushed leather strap will alleviate that entirely. 

Archived