Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1996 Hamer Standard Explorer Value?

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the HFC and I was wondering what you all thought a Mint 1996 Hamer Standard Explorer is worth?  It's in easy 9++ condition and it was collector owned before me.  Hasn't been played much at all....frets have zero wear and I have the case with case candy and warranty card even all in GREAT shape.  It's about as clean as I've ever seen one of these that's why I bought it.  I've seen some lesser examples sell for $2250-$2450 in the last couple of years and the bound and crowned versions are going for silly money......or they were before this pandemic.  I'm not in any hurry to sell and I may very well keep this one, but I'm curious what you guys think?

hamer96standard-nat.jpg

I personally think this is For Sale thread and you should come up with the number and let the guys know what the price is or move this post to another section. At least thats what the rules here say. Guys will correct me if f i am wrong. 

1 hour ago, JustKid said:

I personally think this is For Sale thread and you should come up with the number and let the guys know what the price is or move this post to another section. At least thats what the rules here say. Guys will correct me if f i am wrong. 

I concur.

38 minutes ago, SDM said:

Wow...sorry such a friendly bunch.  I'll delete the post ...just trying to find my way around the forum.  

No need to get offended.  @JustKid 's post was meant to educate.  

That's how you find your way around the forum.  

If anything I should be offended than you called me friendly.  

7 minutes ago, kizanski said:

No need to get offended.  @JustKid 's post was meant to educate.  

That's how you find your way around the forum.  

If anything I should be offended than you called me friendly.  

Truth.

Noobs don't get break for the most part. You will likely be welcomed with open wallets and arms so long as ya follow dem roolz.

46 minutes ago, SDM said:

Wow...sorry such a friendly bunch.  I'll delete the post ...just trying to find my way around the forum.  

But instead of deleting the post you just posted again? Interesting, very interesting...

3 hours ago, SDM said:

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the HFC and I was wondering what you all thought a Mint 1996 Hamer Standard Explorer is worth?  It's in easy 9++ condition and it was collector owned before me.  Hasn't been played much at all....frets have zero wear and I have the case with case candy and warranty card even all in GREAT shape.  It's about as clean as I've ever seen one of these that's why I bought it.  I've seen some lesser examples sell for $2250-$2450 in the last couple of years and the bound and crowned versions are going for silly money......or they were before this pandemic.  I'm not in any hurry to sell and I may very well keep this one, but I'm curious what you guys think?

hamer96standard-nat.jpg

Welcome to the HFC, SDM.  Cool Standard.

Dude...welcome to the coolest guitar forum on the internet. Best peeps right here. If not for Shishkov becoming a thing, that would have been the absolute perfect Standard for me. I’ll wait for smarter people to give you a fair price guide. That is a beautiful guitar. GLWTS

Cool guitar and welcome to the HFC! This IS a GREAT forum and a GREAT group of guys. Don't be pissed nobody is against you here ,just pointing out the forum rules that's all.............same as it is for anyone else here. The forum members ARE willing to help and give the straight talk on what it is and....... what it isn't. We are willing to help each other out with finding parts and info and much more. You won't find this kind of party happening on any other forum. Sometimes the straight talk can be blunt but no need to jump ship here. Welcome!.........and fasten your seat belt.;)

I'll bite.  And, as a disclaimer, all the people you're having an adverse relationship early on are my buddies.  This is a great forum, but not kind to those that resemble hundreds of folks that came here before them.  Hell, I've been ridiculed on numerous occasions by most of the usual suspects here.  So, welcome!

To get to the nitty gritty.  Your guitar, even if it's the finest example ever offered up, will bring what it will bring.  If you aren't sure of the price, an auction is your best venue.  And no matter what the eBay haters say, eBay is the place to reach the most people and very often get the most money.

12 hours ago, The Shark said:

That being said, I'll offer you $x,xxx.xx for you guitar.  Now, we'll see if the masses here think I'm crazy or my offer is fair.  

New guys, old guys, we all need to follow the rules

Don't post your offers to the seller in the thread - use the PM or email function.

7 hours ago, Hbom said:

New guys, old guys, we all need to follow the rules

Don't post your offers to the seller in the thread - use the PM or email function.

Too late for that, I guess...but edited for "Stupidity" on my part!  Nothing new...

1 hour ago, JGale said:

Titties. Post titties.

POST TITTIES!

Okay, I'll post 8 titties for the guitar. Plus 2 booties and 1 underboob just to sweeten the pot.

You do need to post a price..,the longer you wait after being told, the more likely the chance our very cool mods are gonna yank it...just sayin’ and trying to help.

Be careful to not compare prices for the all mahogany unbound Standard with those that have maple tops or color finishes and binding.  The plain mahogany Standard was available for a short time at a lower price than the regular Standards.

Archived