Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1996 Hamer Standard Explorer Value?

Welcome,

Not to beat a dead horse.... If you would like an estimate of value for your guitar you would post it in the main forum.  IE what do all mahogany 96 Standards sell for? Im sue you would get responses. Posting in the For Sale forum implies that you are looking to sell, which requires an asking price. This eliminates a lot of confusion!

ArnieZ

Well, I see you've been made thoroughly aware of the rules for posting on the For Sale board!  Sorry if that was a turnoff for you, but I can attest to this being a forum like no other with regard to the friendliness and knowledge of the members.  My advice is to stick around.  You will learn a lot and maybe even pick up a stellar guitar or two (or seven or eight if you're like me).

Oh, and not to chastise you further but personally it irks the shit out of me when someone calls a Standard an Explorer!  😆🤣😂

Could it be that the guy has found his/her way around the forum?

Welcome to the HFC!  I had one of those '96 models with the two-piece body and rounded (not squared) neck/body heel once upon a time.  IIRC, I bought mine for $750 used in the late '90's...which, when using the year-to-year US Inflation Calculator (usinflationcalculator.com), comes out to $1,179.70 in 2020 value.  Nice guitar, but big also; I eventually sold mine (I don't remember for how much, but it was more than $750), as I was always afraid of smacking it into something when playing.

1 hour ago, hamertek98 said:

Scared off?  Makes me wonder how many members messaged him with an offer. 😂 lol

...and they were probably all the traditional HFC offer of Tree Fitty.  :rolleyes: ;)

It could be worse, he could be trying to sell it in Philadelphia:

Cool looking guitar.

In today's market, sellers will want to get $2,000 for it. Buyers will want to get it under $1,000. Transactions will occur likely within those general boundaries.

Good luck.

8 hours ago, hamertek98 said:

Scared off?  Makes me wonder how many members messaged him with an offer. 😂 lol

Which is generally the end game of someone whose first posts are in the FS forum asking us to put a value on something.

On 5/13/2020 at 10:10 AM, Steve Haynie said:

Be careful to not compare prices for the all mahogany unbound Standard with those that have maple tops or color finishes and binding.  The plain mahogany Standard was available for a short time at a lower price than the regular Standards.

Oh, but this is a MINT guitar (which is a lie; mint guitars don't have the gold finish tarnishing off the tailpiece) and is so much better than all those "lesser examples" out there. Pony up or fuck off, pauper.

1 hour ago, MCChris said:

Oh, but this is a MINT guitar (which is a lie; mint guitars don't have the gold finish tarnishing off the tailpiece) and is so much better than all those "lesser examples" out there. Pony up or fuck off, pauper.

Dang! Just got cold in here, bro.

6 minutes ago, RobB said:

Dang! Just got cold in here, bro.

The temperature always drops when noobs show up asking for a price check while simultaneously trying to tell us what their guitar is worth.

Just now, MCChris said:

The temperature always drops when noobs show up asking for a price check while simultaneously trying to tell us what their guitar is worth.

I liked the, "pauper", part the best. I'm gonna use that.

Archived