Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Seeing the post about that red sparkle double neck planted a seed which germinated, grew and blossomed in very short order today, resulting in a New Hamer Double Neck Day declaration.

The plan was simple: sell my MOAC Hamer Fath Double Neck and use some of the proceeds to acquire the red one.

The rationale was sound: The red sparkle 2 x N Cali had more going for it as far as my preferences go. 27 frets (vs the 24 of the Fath) and no scalloping. In addition to that, it was 1.4 lbs. lighter 🤣 and not the collector's piece; I'd be less apprehensive about playing it out, if that were to even happen again. :P  And the Fath brought in more than my asking price; the value differences left  me with a little extra green in my jeans after all was said and done. Win- win.

Within 24 hours of posting the Fath, I had a fantastic, no-nonsense buyer who didn't haggle or question and even threw me an additional 100 bucks to ensure it was shipped extra soundly!

The minute his funds hit my account, I quickly threw in an offer on the Red Sparkle. (methinks I'm gonna need to come up with a better moniker for this beaut. Something subtle and down to earth... like Cosmic Wino. 🤣) Admittedly, there were some tense moments waiting for their acceptance to the offer but it obviously happened.

Details once Cosmic Wino arrives and gets a proper set up and test drive.

Fath.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 3.59.31 PM.png

That is absolutely fantastic for all concerned.

The new owner of the Fath got a rare gem at a good price, and clearly knows what he’s bought.  And you have landed something more suitable to your own personal requirements.

What a guitar day for you!

That Fath doubleneck was pure badass, but I'll admit that the switch layout on the wine sparkle looks much more logical to me. 

26 minutes ago, cynic said:

Any day you sell a guitar with a giant flower on it is a GREAT day!

Gotta admit, though the artistry involved in making it was impressive, was NOT a fan of the subject matter, even if it was a black rose.

Double Cali’s are so rare that if you want one you’ve got to move quick and can’t mess around.  There are 13 that I have found pictures of out there.

Fabulous guitars and I’ve noticed with mine some very cool details that aren’t immediately apparent.

The different neck angles are obvious but little things like the neck on the 6 being set at about 93 degrees and slightly north of the 12 to make access easier is pure Hamer.  

Special love went into these.

On 5/21/2020 at 4:26 PM, topekatj said:

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 3.59.31 PM.png

and no blade switches !

Exactly. :P

Archived