Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What’s your ultimate/grail Hamer studio?

What’s your ultimate studio?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If I can’t have them all, I’m not sure which one I would choose. How about y’all...?

1 hour ago, burningyen said:

Black for me.

hyft40ctyknizutvsxwx.jpg

Perhaps I should have added that to the poll choices. 

or maybe I should have asked which limited edition studio would people choose...

Had them all at one time. The EM was my fave, followed by the TT.

6 hours ago, Camstone said:

Watson

watsongleam.JPG

I, too, lust after a Watson. Can’t exactly consider it a studio, tho. Different body shape; scale length, pickup arrangement, etc. 

i might have to put the Watson in the Mirage category because of the body shape and scale length.

Hmm...  maybe I should add a Watson to my Mirage wish list. Was going to get a maple top to complete my trifecta. That might have been too narrow minded, thinking too small. What’s better than 3 Mirages...?  4. 4 Mirages are better than 3...  thank you, sir. You have enabled me once again. 

I've had a 25th LE and a 30th, and absolutely loved the 30th.

DSCN3656.JPG

I'd like to try the other three of the 4 listed. The Triple Threats have always given me extreme G.A.S. Shawn really didn't help by posting the one from Reverb. Holy crap is that nice!

The problem I have with Limited Editions is actually playing them. The first ding or scratch would cause major anxiety/guilt/depression. It's why those two are gone now. Great guitars, but their near-mintyness made me deathly afraid of wear or damage. They spent far more time on the wall or in the case than being used. It was fun for a while, but I'm not a collector. Don't get me wrong - I would be if I could afford to, but reality always gets in the way.

42 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

I've had a 25th LE and a 30th, and absolutely loved the 30th.

DSCN3656.JPG

I'd like to try the other three of the 4 listed. The Triple Threats have always given me extreme G.A.S. Shawn really didn't help by posting the one from Reverb. Holy crap is that nice!

The problem I have with Limited Editions is actually playing them. The first ding or scratch would cause major anxiety/guilt/depression. It's why those two are gone now. Great guitars, but their near-mintyness made me deathly afraid of wear or damage. They spent far more time on the wall or in the case than being used. It was fun for a while, but I'm not a collector. Don't get me wrong - I would be if I could afford to, but reality always gets in the way.

You make a really good point. I personally believe that guitars are meant to be played and I would probably have a hard time playing a Mint limited edition Guitar for those same reasons. 

I'm sure I would be way better served finding a studio in players’ condition, throwing in a set of Gravelin’s and having my way with it for years to come. 

but I sure do love looking at the special edition guitars Hamer put out...

49 minutes ago, Travis said:

...finding a studio in players’ condition, throwing in a set of Gravelin’s....

^^^This. Exactly. At the core they're essentially the same, minus some bling and/or some really drool-worthy custom touches.

1 minute ago, hamerhead said:

^^^This. Exactly. At the core they're essentially the same, minus some bling and/or some really drool-worthy custom touches.

Yeah, I’ve never been a huge fan of the bling...

If only the mid 90’s wraptail studios had the vintage carve necks...

1 hour ago, The Shark said:

Does this one count?

Mv8hNbI.jpg

With that flame?

I’ll allow it...

22 hours ago, burningyen said:

Black for me.

hyft40ctyknizutvsxwx.jpg

Ben, did you buy this one?  I have photos and the backstory if you're interested.  

13 minutes ago, BadgerDave said:

Ben, did you buy this one?  I have photos and the backstory if you're interested.  

I didn’t buy it and I’m interested in the back story...

25 minutes ago, butcher said:

Does this count? '95 custom with ebony board 

dd2.jpg

Holy crap...  wraptail and crowns with a quilt...?!?

yes, that counts!

Archived