Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What’s your ultimate/grail Hamer studio?

What’s your ultimate studio?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

An earthen maple studio calls to me.  That being said, I’m pretty happy with my studio custom.  It’s definitely my favorite of any guitar I’ve ever owned.    The next few guitars will have to be stylistically different.  But if I was gonna get lots of flavors of the same thing, it would be studio/Archtop models.  

there is a pizza day blue one out there with 2 p90s and a full size humbucker and an ebony board that I lust heavily after.

B051FF7D-7638-4CFE-A4AF-55FF3EE29549.jpeg5646177D-FB96-4BB6-89C5-875ED0374C09.jpeg  

96B94901-CD6B-4A23-93A5-00C7DD903FA5.jpeg

AEB57F07-3924-4D66-99BB-A6E8CC297339.jpeg
794A8DE7-40B3-4842-8D77-8B964B4D67E4.jpeg

11 hours ago, hamerhead said:

This?:

DSCN5714.JPG

Oh

my

god...

i love that. Is that yours...?

Good one, right? Whale Blue, black hardware, ebony board, and those pickups. What's not to like?

So I sold it.  :wacko:

It's still in the family, though.

4 hours ago, hamerhead said:

Good one, right? Whale Blue, black hardware, ebony board, and those pickups. What's not to like?

So I sold it.  :wacko:

It's still in the family, though.

Did it come stock like that or was it an aftermarket mod...?

like, didn’t start life as a 2 p90 guitar with an ebony board and the rest added later...

On 5/22/2020 at 1:49 PM, The Shark said:

Does this one count?

Mv8hNbI.jpg

One of two I bought from Moose. I sold this one and kept the second. I kept it until he asked for it back. That was the best Studio I have owned.

1 hour ago, bubs_42 said:

One of two I bought from Moose. I sold this one and kept the second. I kept it until he asked for it back. That was the best Studio I have owned.

Every time I play this guitar, someone asks to buy it...

On 5/22/2020 at 6:30 PM, BadgerDave said:

Ben, did you buy this one?  I have photos and the backstory if you're interested.  

IIRC, I bought this here on the HFC For Sale Board.  The original hardware would have been chrome, but everything  had been changed to black.  I replaced it with gold, down to the pickup selector toggle ring and output jack, P-90 pole pieces and mounting screws.  The pickups are Fralin noiseless models. 

The fretwork on this guitar was absolutely perfect.  I suspect it had been Plek'd or dressed by a very good tech.  I was able to get the action uncomfortably low with no buzz.

If the neck profile would have been just a bit thicker, I would have kept it.

PA160013.JPG

PA160015.JPG

PA160016.JPG

PA160017.JPG

PA160018.JPG

As I recall Atquinn has or had a blue Studio Custom that I would love to have.  I'll try to find a pic.

The one they built for Slash always called to me. I think Fung had it at one time. That top and color were AMAZING!!

Back to this thread, I had a TT and couldn't get on with the neck carve. It was wonderful other than that.

On 5/24/2020 at 6:28 AM, BadgerDave said:

IIRC, I bought this here on the HFC For Sale Board.  The original hardware would have been chrome, but everything  had been changed to black.  I replaced it with gold, down to the pickup selector toggle ring and output jack, P-90 pole pieces and mounting screws.  The pickups are Fralin noiseless models. 

The fretwork on this guitar was absolutely perfect.  I suspect it had been Plek'd or dressed by a very good tech.  I was able to get the action uncomfortably low with no buzz.

If the neck profile would have been just a bit thicker, I would have kept it.

PA160013.JPG

PA160015.JPG

PA160016.JPG

PA160017.JPG

PA160018.JPG

Sweet! Ever consider black (speed?) knobs?

EDIT: Rereading post, I see that it’s been sold.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 5:06 PM, gwayne said:

The one they built for Slash always called to me. I think Fung had it at one time. That top and color were AMAZING!!

Back to this thread, I had a TT and couldn't get on with the neck carve. It was wonderful other than that.

Now you got me curious! Any pics of the Slash Studio? I'd love to know what they did to try to lure Les Paul, Jr away from his signature guitar! Was it a one piece neck with the wrong angle and different scales from 0-12 and 12-22 to keep him comfortable? 🤣

9 hours ago, joshoowah said:

Now you got me curious! Any pics of the Slash Studio? I'd love to know what they did to try to lure Les Paul, Jr away from his signature guitar! Was it a one piece neck with the wrong angle and different scales from 0-12 and 12-22 to keep him comfortable? 🤣

SICK!!!! Check it out here:

Link to Slash Studio

^^^ Wow, imagine the impact that would of had for Hamer had that become his #1!

Archived