Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 1979 Hamer Guitar Standard - $5k

Unless I’m mistaken, this was on consignment at Real Guitars in SF for a while. Super narrow nut width on that one. That fact alone saved me a lot of cash. Still sorta want it.

Cool, especially with the Sustainblock, but I'm wondering if anything's been refinished.

The headstock logo looks wrong.

5827510.jpg

I had one almost exactly like that one.

Except no binding.

Except the sustain block bridge

Except the 79 was backwards on mine.

Well it was BLACK anyway.

3 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

Gryphon's reporting the nut width at 1-9/16".
Crazy skinny!

I bet that's that same one.  They were only asking 4k on consignment at Real Guitars, so I bet there's some wiggle room.  But, not at the nut (!)

The one I looked at didn't appear to be a refin, if it was, it was a long time ago and professionally done.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe this guitar was on ebay a few years back and the listing was in Tennessee for around $4,500 IRCC.   

Pretty sure its a professional refin.    

Like the guitar but it is very, very skinny neck and agree its cool with the sustain block and etc.

Edited...I noticed it sold.  If someone purchased it here, would love a tone report!

Thanks,

Hamerica. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2020 at 12:52 AM, cmatthes said:

Cool, especially with the Sustainblock, but I'm wondering if anything's been refinished.

The headstock logo looks wrong.

5827510.jpg

The 'USA' portion of the logo looks like the heavier font version that Hamer started using in 1996...anything older than that should have had the thinner 'U.S.A.' style that Hamer started using since the beginning.  But that's just my take on it, I'm no expert.

12 hours ago, crunchee said:

The 'USA' portion of the logo looks like the heavier font version that Hamer started using in 1996...anything older than that should have had the thinner 'U.S.A.' style that Hamer started using since the beginning.  But that's just my take on it, I'm no expert.

You would be correct, sir.  That's definitely a refin.

• 2 weeks later...

I find this a bit odd:

"The bridge is a Schaller Sustain Block, which was an option instead of the Gibson-style stop tailpiece."

Schaller Sustain Block?? does anyone else have one of these??!! 🤔

Archived