Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Black Newport pro plus other stuff on Reverb

27 minutes ago, Punkavenger said:

Gosh, I'm sorry.  I paid over two grand for it. How do you think I feel?   :)

Oh, don't get me wrong. I've spent much more for other Newports, other Hamers and other guitars. And this one's a beaut, Clark. If I had the cash I'd pick it up but it's just not the right time.

OP, are you sure that's a spruce top on the black Newport? I would expect to see the finish sinking into the grain like this one:

HamerNewportTron08.jpg

Word on the street was that Jol nixed black over spruce because of the grain sinking issue but agreed to make 2 black Newport Pros for BCR (1 went to Tonejunkee and 1 went to Buzzy Fretts) and the Bigsby+Trons one above, with the rest having maple tops.

Killer either way.

2 hours ago, burningyen said:

OP, are you sure that's a spruce top on the black Newport? I would expect to see the finish sinking into the grain like this one:

HamerNewportTron08.jpg

Word on the street was that Jol nixed black over spruce because of the grain sinking issue but agreed to make 2 black Newport Pros for BCR (1 went to Tonejunkee and 1 went to Buzzy Fretts) and the Bigsby+Trons one above, with the rest having maple tops.

Killer either way.

Interesting. I guess i have no idea. I just hear the Newport pros has spruce tops and this is a Newport pro, soooo. 

Archived