Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Toooo Much Time On My Hands

And that chunk of ooooooold growth spruce... depending on the manufacturer, that could be european alpine (swiss or italian), or Sitka or even Adirondack, harvested well over a century ago... if there's anything that isnt dry rotted and/or water damaged, that's guitar soundboard and bracing material. And the harp is art, with or without the spruce. Put it on a wall... or... Put it on some old cast iron machine legs, put a piece of glass on top, and that's an awesome table. Just don't try to move it yourself!

That frame probably weighs as much as an engine block. 

Have some fun.  Get an electronic keyboard, a computer, and create pneumatic or electronic hammers.  Get a school group to play around with the idea.  Have some fun with it. 

So... I guess most of you agree. It would be cool as is IF I had the right place for it But I don't.

I started out thinking about the wood pile he has. That 100 year old wood might turn into an interesting guitar. But I have so many unfinished projects already. I think I'll let this sit for awhile and see if someone with more energy  jumps in.

Looks bigger than a baby grand... which would make it a grand, I suppose.

It is beautiful as wall art.  I'd purpose it as such.

Edited to add- looked at the ad itself and, wow, upright.  Big honking piece of brass (right??) there, though.  

Remove the strings and prepare it for refinishing.
Buy a ticket for Stike (cheaper than shipping the harp!) and tell him to bring his sparkle purple paint. And pink for accents.
Then source a set of chrome strings and you're good!

What are you planning for the casing?

7 hours ago, gorch said:

What are you planning for the casing?

Current plans ate to hide and watch. Hopefully someone with more imagination and room will beat me to it.

Archived