Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Tommy Shaw Rockin' Paradise With Black Standard. Full Show

I saw them on the First Paradise tour in what, 1980? He was playing either a Standard or an Explorer then as well. Both he and JY were killing it.

36 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

I saw them on the First Paradise tour in what, 1980? He was playing either a Standard or an Explorer then as well. Both he and JY were killing it.

JY mentioned in this video that it was '81. I may have seen it too. I've seen them at least twice with 2 different girls. The second is now the wife. I still have the stub.

No photo description available.

7 hours ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

JY mentioned in this video that it was '81. I may have seen it too. I've seen them at least twice with 2 different girls. The second is now the wife. I still have the stub.

No photo description available.

Nope, I remember now. 3 times. The first was with a group of friends, I think I was 15. They all had tickets. I didn't. So I crashed the gate. The second time was with Martica. I think that was Grand Illusion tour. The third was with my wife with this ticket. GF at the time. We had been dating 3 months and 15 days.

Pretty sure that Black Standard sold through ebay a few years back.   Did Hamstd wind up with that one.  Tommy had some pretty cool Hamers, great artist and nice guy to boot!

Edited to add, saw that tour Pat Benatar or Steve Miller was the opening act.  Great shows.

Hamerica

Archived