Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Short Scale Super Strats?

I don't know if you coun''t this as a super strat, as it's not strat shaped and has a set neck construction, but it's the best damn shortscale Floyd equipped guitar model ever made.0
I prefer the 22 fret version. Bad ass.

11e483c3d37092e9fe4cd651e89ccda4.jpg

12 hours ago, Disturber said:

I don't know if you coun''t this as a super strat, as it's not strat shaped and has a set neck construction, but it's the best damn shortscale Floyd equipped guitar model ever made.0

I have two of the same color. I also like the 22-fret version better. But the 24-fret version is nice too. the 22-fret version has quite some neck angle, something to get used to as a Fender player, it is more Gibson-like. The 24-fret models with the recessed FR trem has the strings closer to the body.

On 6/8/2020 at 3:36 AM, Disturber said:

Those are definitely cool. What pickups you have in there?  

21 hours ago, Hamer_SS_guy said:

I have two of the same color. I also like the 22-fret version better. But the 24-fret version is nice too. the 22-fret version has quite some neck angle, something to get used to as a Fender player, it is more Gibson-like. The 24-fret models with the recessed FR trem has the strings closer to the body.

That's good to know between the two.  Thanks!

I was on this hunt a few years ago, the 750XL prices have gone through the roof and the necks have the reputation of being a bit of a flatten'ed U shape. I had a 650 and it was like that and I really did not like the feel.

I found a like new 90/91 Jackson Fusion and appreciated the shorter scale but those necks are just too thin for me. I can't deal with 0.75 at the 1st, which is too bad as I had some great Jackson's a few years back. While not a SuperStrat, my '91 Sunburst can get the job done.  😉

Ultimately I gave up this hunt but if I found a shorty Chappy I would be hard pressed not to buy...

91_Sunburst_Hamer.jpg

1 hour ago, scottcald said:

Those are definitely cool. What pickups you have in there?  

That's good to know between the two.  Thanks!

Not mine. I have had two.of these over the years. But my Floyd Rose days are long over. I play with  a totally different tone these days. 

1 hour ago, DBraz said:

Allow me to present my second Shishkov Super-C.  24.75” shredding perfection, although it does pretty much everything - shred or not.

99F51800-64FC-4243-925A-61ED575A14F7.jpeg

I missed that this was a short scale.  Of course it's awesome!

2 hours ago, Drew816 said:

I was on this hunt a few years ago, the 750XL prices have gone through the roof and the necks have the reputation of being a bit of a flatten'ed U shape. I had a 650 and it was like that and I really did not like the feel.

I found a like new 90/91 Jackson Fusion and appreciated the shorter scale but those necks are just too thin for me. I can't deal with 0.75 at the 1st, which is too bad as I had some great Jackson's a few years back. While not a SuperStrat, my '91 Sunburst can get the job done.  😉

Ultimately I gave up this hunt but if I found a shorty Chappy I would be hard pressed not to buy...

91_Sunburst_Hamer.jpg

The Super Paul!  

I had an earlier Hamer SS, as well as a Kramer parts-shredder w/ a Warmoth 24.75" conversion neck. The upper fret "real estate" is a personal preference. My problem was the clean stratty positions (1/2/3/4) were not nearly as stratty to my ears as a 25.5" guitar, YMMV. 

"Stratty" - 1 "t" or 2? ha

8 hours ago, Drew816 said:

91_Sunburst_Hamer.jpg

Yeah, the 750xl necks are very similar to my 650xl which does have a flatter back. It’s a wider neck so it doesn’t feel”small” and nowhere near as thin as an ibanez wizard. 

BTW, your sunburst looks amazing...

I looked for one of these for years, stumble across this thread, reply, do my morning "Reverb Hamer Most Recent" search and BAM. Seriously, if I'd only "known" this is how to get one!! 😉

Ping the seller and ask for a pic, or be like me and don't so you don't have to know, because if I "know" it's a good one then trouble ensues...  

4 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

Does the Charvel Charvette qualify? These can be had in the $350 range-

smpslgj7wgh32ym0zgdu.jpg

Those are actually nice playing guitars. The one I played was anyway’s!  Didn’t care for the pickups but it was a nice neck and good fretwork!

4 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

Does the Charvel Charvette qualify? These can be had in the $350 range-

smpslgj7wgh32ym0zgdu.jpg

Most were Korean made, some supposedly made in Japan. 

lots of plywood bodies on the Charvettes but the necks were supposed to be pretty decent. Junk hardware.  Pay accordingly. 

• 3 weeks later...

To follow up, I made a good deal for the Chap that was listed earlier from Reverb.  It just arrived today after being in limbo for a week and a half.  Thankfully it's in good shape.  Needs a cleanup and some screws tightened up, but everything works, no scratchiness in the pots or anything.   Interestingly, as noted with the Stevens in another thread, this one is 24.5".  

ChapScale.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived