Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Just how sick are some of you? How many guitars/basses do you own?

ZR

33 minutes ago, MCChris said:

10 (9 electrics, 1 acoustic)

I'm picturing you using the acoustic at a local coffee house gig and it fills me with much humor.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

You guys... 

I was up over 300 for a while, now it’s a bit more manageable down around 270. Lots of Hamers, Fender’s, Ovations, Gretsches and Guilds,  but I love the weird stuff. I have 2 Andreas Pichler electrics, some Hofners and Framuses (Framii?). Also upper end jazz boxes, a Benedetto, a Martin Unger, and soon a Pagelli. 

Offhand... lemme think.

I have 7 Electric Basses. 2 EBMM, and 5 Carvin

I have 20 Electric guitars apparently.

I also have 5 tenor trombones, 1 alto trombone, 2 bass trombones, a euphonium, and 2 tubas.

8 hours ago, kkeller said:

You guys... 

I was up over 300 for a while, now it’s a bit more manageable down around 270. Lots of Hamers, Fender’s, Ovations, Gretsches and Guilds,  but I love the weird stuff. I have 2 Andreas Pichler electrics, some Hofners and Framuses (Framii?). Also upper end jazz boxes, a Benedetto, a Martin Unger, and soon a Pagelli. 

...and one (or Two?) Bonds?

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

...and one (or Two?) Bonds?

The Bonds are long gone. Innovative but a PIA to keep going. I got tired of rebuilding power supplies and fixing the circuitry. To fulfill the Brit guitar requirement, I have a Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro. 

Down to 3 acoustics and 13 electrics (four of them build by myself, so do they count?). I am more into camare gear lately (shame! SHAME!), but after reading this thread I think going back to some old habits... 

Hey guys, sporadic lurker that finally decided to buckle down and register. Pleasure to meet y'all. I thought this topic was a fitting entry point, as GAS is an insidious disease. At one point I was in about 25 axes, mostly boutique builds. This led to a period where I was only fixated on oddly specific builders and I ended up with an eclectic combination of customs. I managed to cull the herd down to around 11 axes now, with 3-4 customs on the way (waiting more than 3 years for some of them!). These were the only pictures I had on my PC. Well, I had to resize these two just to get them uploaded. I guess it's an appetizer! First pic is my Jackson CS KE1 in Kawasabi Green. The next one is my custom Carillion Polaris; I designed the inlay and finish with the luthier. The color is an homage to PRS' northern lights, which I adore. 

JCS Kelly.jpg

Polaris.jpg

53 minutes ago, Montelovesco said:

Down to 3 acoustics and 13 electrics (four of them build by myself, so do they count?). I am more into camare gear lately (shame! SHAME!), but after reading this thread I think going back to some old habits... 

The majority of the electrics should be Monacos. If I recall it right, you had almost all models collected.

1 hour ago, gorch said:

The majority of the electrics should be Monacos. If I recall it right, you had almost all models collected.

Good memory! Monacos are my preferred models. Still waiting for a decent priced M3 to show up... so guys... 😎

8 hours ago, savage said:

Hey guys, sporadic lurker that finally decided to buckle down and register. Pleasure to meet y'all. I thought this topic was a fitting entry point, as GAS is an insidious disease. At one point I was in about 25 axes, mostly boutique builds. This led to a period where I was only fixated on oddly specific builders and I ended up with an eclectic combination of customs. I managed to cull the herd down to around 11 axes now, with 3-4 customs on the way (waiting more than 3 years for some of them!). These were the only pictures I had on my PC. Well, I had to resize these two just to get them uploaded. I guess it's an appetizer! First pic is my Jackson CS KE1 in Kawasabi Green. The next one is my custom Carillion Polaris; I designed the inlay and finish with the luthier. The color is an homage to PRS' northern lights, which I adore. 

Welcome to the HFC! Nice splashy intro!

Well, this year had a lot going on in my life. I did move to another house, am going to loose my job I have been in for almost 30 years. At home I don't play a lot anymore, I really kind of feel burned out. While moving I stored most of my instruments at my mum's house. 15 guitars and 5 basses, and I still have 7 instruments at her house, didn't even miss them (there are even my cool ones). My band still does rehearsals (I am the bassplayer in that band). I miss playing guitar in a band, but I am weary to play with people who just want to cover tunes I don't want to play, or those who like to jam but whose music theory is too minimal to even throw in a second chord. Do I still look at other stuff in the net? Yes, I am guilty. I know that new gear doesn't fire a new spark. I need other players to have fun making music. They don't really need me. And if it doesn't fit like a glove the first time, I get the feeling of wasting my time. Maybe I am on the way to other interests in my life, but I don't want to give up music. Ah, depressing sounding post again, what's going on with me? LOL

I'm way down at the bottom of this list: 3 electrics (C.S. Paul, C.S. Strat, USA Tele), 2 acoustics (Guild and Fender) and an 80's Ibanez bass, BUT: I love'em all, play'em all and won't part with any of'em.

2 amp heads and 4 cabs, might get another amp...

15 +1 Hamers

2 Jacksons

1 Charvel, Godin, Parker, Shadow

1 acoustic Amalio Burguet, 1 Aria Jumbo 648

1 Hamer Bass, 1 Harley Benton Bass

5 custom compiled ones

2 Ukuleles

Glad to see I am in good company

Swapped some unsold gear for a beater Ibanez acoustic to take on a fishin' trip last month;

This Strandberg popped up on CL last week, my curiosity got the better of me, so I'm up to 4 guitars (hangs head in shame)...

GTRS 10-20 a.jpg

1 hour ago, Brooks said:

Swapped some unsold gear for a beater Ibanez acoustic to take on a fishin' trip last month;

This Strandberg popped up on CL last week, my curiosity got the better of me, so I'm up to 4 guitars (hangs head in shame)...

GTRS 10-20 a.jpg

Definitely Strandberg-curious here!  The ergonomics coupled with how incredibly small they appear to be, sans-headstock, makes for an appealing argument.  Have yet to find one in the wild to give it a try.

I snagged this used AXL Bulldog with aftermarket case from DGS last week (photos from them, they do a better job than I ever could)...very affordably priced, very fun, and it can get very loud and mean-sounding!  Or subdued and sweet.  The P-90 is a factory-stock Fralin, and the tone control can be switched out of the circuit via the pull-out tone control.  It's got very good quality parts in it, even the tuners are TonePros 3-on-a-plate Kluson Deluxes (the TonePros versions were discontinued in 2015), plus the three-piece mahogany body is very well matched and the whole thing weighs just a touch under 7 lbs. (6 lbs. 15.5 oz., but who's counting?):

8Gy5apM.jpg

ZoH9sOI.jpg

jBEA70Y.jpg

Here's the Premier Guitar Magazine review:

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/AXL_USA_Bulldog_AL_1090_Electric_Guitar_Review

Funny thing, the last three guitars I've bought during The Pandemic (frugally-priced used ones, of course) have been quasi-LP analogues that I stumbled upon rather than actively looked for, the Bulldog plus a Godin Icon and a Godin Core.  I still have my Partscaster Telecasters and I'm still looking for more, but apparently good quality semi-inexpensive Tele-style guitars seem to be popular and harder to find these days, at least for someone who's frugal yet picky and on a tight budget like me.

I've been freeing-up some of the herd over the last few months and as of today, I'm coming in at about 48 guitars in total.  A bunch of Hamers, some Strats, Teles, a Jazzmaster, a Precision bass, a Carvin CT6M, a couple of Duesenbergs, Steinberger GM7TA, a couple of Gibsons, two B.C. Rich's, one Orville By Gibson, a Burny, one Rickenbacker, a Brian May "Red Special" replica, a Wilson & Fidel cigar box guitar, two Taylor acoustics, and some partscasters. 

On 10/19/2020 at 3:40 PM, Brooks said:

<snip>

GTRS 10-20 a.jpg

How does the Strandberg compare to the Holdsworth?  I picked up a Standberg Classic 6 and I love how it plays and how comfortable (ergonomic) it is to play, but the sounds just seems a little 'light'.I like it well enough, but as soon as I try a tele or a Hamer (nevermind my Steinberger GM) I get all the thump and weight behind the notes that the Strandberg is missing.  I'm interested in your comparison between the HH and the Strandberg.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 7:16 PM, Dutchman said:

... I just like things with strings on them...

Then you'd love this one:

Pikasso-Guitar.jpg

Archived