Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Dr. Feelgood

Wilko has always been the most energetic/entertaining guitarist live.  I found out about him from a guitarist in one of my high school bands who was into the coolest stuff at the time and had more bootlegs, import pressings and most of all (and super cool at the time) a videotape collection of tons of live footage than anybody I'd ever known up to that point.

Johnson's pretty much one of a kind (or, at least, an innovator) regarding his stage mannerisms. Kinda reminds me of that twitchy, spiky-haired dude in Devo's "Satisfaction" video...except Wilko ain't doin' somersaults. Nevertheless, there's kind of a can't-take-your-eyes-off-of-him vibe with his performance.

And the coil cord in the Dr. Feelgood video is a nice touch.

7 hours ago, mudshark said:

Wilko Johnson beat pancreatic cancer, and he's still going

at 72.

I love that long player although it‘s 30 minutes short. B)

16 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Amphetamines will really mess some people up. 

The guitar player ended up with Ian Dury and The Blockheads.  Then he became an actor. 

I wonder how his fingertips looked after a gig like this 😮  That was going all Lemmy in on that muther fuckn' Telecaster. Insane! 

They were just a killer band. Nothing like this anymore.... 😞 Thanks for posting! 🙂 

I will have to DL this. I love getting hip to new/old bands that slipped past my radar BITD. I can see where the Strypes were significantly influenced.

Archived