Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Chambered studio vs artist w/o f-hole

I did a search and came up with nothing. I thought this had been discussed before but didn’t find it. 

my memory may be fuzzy but I thought Hamer had done some artists without f-holes. How would this differ from a chambered studio?  Different chambering/routing...?

anyone have any details?

I'll ask Mr. Shishkov, but I believe that they were the same.

I‘d say it slightly differs on the chamber routings. The Artist, I would expect half side routed, with or without f-hole. A chambered studio could be routed both sides, like a hollowbody without f-holes or Tally. Eventually, it‘d be just the weight making a difference.

9 hours ago, zenmindbeginner said:

Dang! The Artists are double chambered?

Nope! IMO

15 hours ago, zenmindbeginner said:

Dang! The Artists are double chambered?

No, they are all chambered on the upper side and slightly around the back of the bridge. I could not find the thread, but we had pictures of the routes of the Artist and the 30th Anniversary guitars in it. 

Possibly like 1/2 of the Newport? I’ve never heard of a chambered Studio!! What do they weigh? I might be interested!!! Loved my Studios but my back didn’t....

6DC78907-CA91-4407-B35E-32BB4C11E0F6.jpeg

I know Hamer experimented with different chambering patterns. My Talladega is an early one and has a different chamber than some of the later ones I’ve seen. Only the bass side is chambered with the area behind the bridge left alone. Later on, they extended the chamber to route out wood behind the bridge. 

Didn’t know if maybe the chambering would be different between a studio and an artist. If it’s the same, then a chambered studio = a closed top artist...

8 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

No, they are all chambered on the upper side and slightly around the back of the bridge. I could not find the thread, but we had pictures of the routes of the Artist and the 30th Anniversary guitars in it. 

spacer.png

Found this: Artist (L) and Earthen Maple Studio (R)

ETA that's a proto EM Studio, and might not be like a "production" version. Another post also suggests regular chambered Studios were routed like the Artist. So no real help here! Just some more mud in the water!

48 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

I had a Chambered 2001, it was light, but the tone was unique. It wasn’t a Studio or an Artist. 

Can you be more specific in your description?  Perhaps comment on its acoustic voice...?

Archived