Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA - Standard Natural Chevron Top

On Reverb. Belong to anyone here?

Hamer Standard Custom USA 2002 Natural w/gold hardware and OHSC

Hamer Standard Custom USA 2002 Natural w/gold hardware and OHSC https://reverb.com/item/34210448-hamer-standard-custom-usa-2002-natural-w-gold-hardware-and-ohsc?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=android-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=34210448

3BE6DD49-7CF1-463B-9218-504CE462505E.jpeg

I've seen that one in person...

It's real...and it's SPECTACULAR!

And by the way. They're real, and they're spectacular! - TV Fanatic

That's a very nice one!

I have played mine just yesterday. Absolutely stunning and a keeper. That price range raises ???, however.

19 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Now that the guitar is sold - THREAD HIJACK!

@jisham has some pretty good stories about her.  Not what you'd call a very nice lady.

And the claim of "spectacular" was not borne out, in my opinion, by researching her films.

Bummer. This is one on my list. The ever elusive natural flame top Standard. That is beautiful!!! Glad it went before I could see it because that makes it easier. Also the fact that I'm having new HVAC installed which depletes this year's guitar money. Maybe someday.....

Ed's standard,   I 'm pretty sure was from one of the last open house,    I wanted it, but Ed was really fast...

I think it might be more stunning than these pics suggest.      When Mike offered his limited run of Ultimates,

I had based mine on what I remembered about Ed's guitar...  didn't get it exactly right but same ballpark.  

i-9k6tMB5-M.jpg

47 minutes ago, BoogieMKIIA said:

That’s chatoyance!

I think This is why I love the finish on Hamers.   Didn’t Hamer just use toners/tints for the most part?  I feel the dyed finishes on some guitars can kill this effect and look blotchy.   

They're out there.  There were a fair number of 4-digits in that finish, and I ordered one in '90-'91.  It was a stock finish in the mid-1990s and until they closed up shop ("Antique Natural").   The downside is that there just aren't that many Standards out there to begin with, compared to other guitars.

As I understand it, Hamer applied clear first, then used color/toner on top of clear, then additional clear. No stain went into the wood. The tops had to be good enough to look good without being painted.

Congrats to the new owner. It has the colour of butter, so I bet it plays like butter.

Archived