Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA - Multiple Artist Ultimates on 'Verb

Great price, but the first fret crown is a deal killer for me.

16 hours ago, cmatthes said:

I agree, this is the reason to propose a much lower offer....this is really awfull :)

But so loverly awfull 🤥

17 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Me too, but I did just cave on that with the @Camstone P-90 Duotone Custom. There has to be a way to remove the abomination, and I’m going to figure it out.  Of all the things Jol said no to, then he lets that rookie mistake out the door?

2 hours ago, cynic said:

Me too, but I did just cave on that with the @Camstone P-90 Duotone Custom. There has to be a way to remove the abomination, and I’m going to figure it out.  Of all the things Jol said no to, then he lets that rookie mistake out the door?

Black sharpie? Lol

21 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Seems like I have arrived at the point of not looking at the fretboard when I play....So it is not me that is bothered.

Everyone should get a chance to play one of these. It is tTHEguitar that lead me to HFC, to the detriment of my bank account......

29 minutes ago, django49 said:

Seems like I have arrived at the point of not looking at the fretboard when I play....So it is not me that is bothered.

"looks don't matter" says the guy with fourteen closets full of blinged out guitars.

41 minutes ago, ArnieZ said:

fortunately mine doesn't have a crown, it has the even more hated Victory:)

arniez

Now that I own a Superpro, I kinda like the Victories... always thought I preferred crowns (starting at the 3rd), but if I gotta have 1st fret markers, I'll take victory over crown! Dibs! (I'm sure there are others ahead of me, but it never hurts to be on the list!)

4 hours ago, cynic said:

"looks don't matter" says the guy with fourteen closets full of blinged out guitars.

Sorry to disappoint. After 3+ years of downsizing, I am down to a single digit number of closets full......

Two more - #29 popped up 14 hrs ago for $5850 (huh?), and "#25 of 25" (not the silver-blinged version, so just #25, right?) has been at a Sam Ash in KoP, PA for a year, currently at $3199:

#29: https://reverb.com/item/34266267-hamer-artist-ultimate-29-2002-rootbeer

#25: https://reverb.com/item/32452289-hamer-usa-artist-ultimate

The first one looks better by the minute, at that price!

The Artist Ultimates all had pickups that were numbered to match the guitar. So the one at Sam Ash is # 26  (out of 25). Given the number of these on the market, I am going to offer mine up. Primarily for those  who are looking for this model but would prefer one more unique. When I get the chance I will make a more formal FS post. MIne is # 48 and is one of less than a handful to  have a finish other than cognac. It is also one of a few that has a quilt top.. 

DSC00563 (Large).JPGartist ultimate body.jpgartist ultimate horn.jpg

If anyone is interested I will gladly provide more photos. there are 2 small dings in the guitar over the purfling that will not show up in a photo. Other than that there is some tarnish in the hardware and some pick swirls. the case is like new but does have a broken latch. The guitar has left my home on a couple of occasions only but never gigged. I have the COA all case candy and will even include the monster cable that came with it! I will try to put together a more formal F/S post when I get a chance, extremely busy at work!

I am asking $4500 shipped and insured, will accept PP but would appreciate it in gift form. 

1 hour ago, neastguy said:

can you explain this to me?  Im confused

The crown inlays (and later victory inlays) traditionally start on the third fret.

It was an option to include an inlay at the first fret position on most models but standard on the ultimate. Some people like the extra touch aesthetically and some do not. 

8D0F427E-FB91-4857-AD01-E012AA676D99.jpeg

B13489FE-DC04-4364-B96D-5B5343879922.jpeg

On 6/17/2020 at 8:53 AM, cynic said:

There has to be a way to remove the abomination, and I’m going to figure it out.  Of all the things Jol said no to, then he lets that rookie mistake out the door?

Agreed.  The first abomination was Jol, who should have also been removed with extreme prejudice.

For me, for some reason, I don’t care for the first fret crown but I like the first fret victory. Not sure if it’s the style of inlay, or what I’ve been conditioned to like. My Charvel has a first fret shark fin and I like the way it looks...  🤷🏻‍♂️

FEF455A8-2A3A-48A3-A7C5-F61E76B60D49.jpeg

Archived