Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Teardrop

Anyone here into Teardrops? I've always had a soft spot due to the Brian Jones connection. Plus I remember seeing a pic of Johnny Thunders playing one. I know there are off-brand teardrops, but i was only ever interested in a Vox.

Well, I just picked this one up, a Made in USA 50th Anniversary model from 2007. Apparently, the plan was to make 100, but they ended up building less. Here's a page with quite a bit of info on the model:

http://www.voxshowroom.com/us/guitar/57-07_guitar.html

Unfortunately, I have a bicep injury to my right arm I'm recovering from, so I'm unable to really dig in and play it, yet. However, I do think I'll like it. The neck has a bit more girth than I was expecting with a very slight V carve, feels great in my uninjured left hand.

y4m2KMof2pmCV0xNB6E3dYRkA_ZLTng_3Dlx8wgo

Hamer dipped their toes into the Teardrop...

EE Teardrop.jpg

Holy crap!  I was just thinking the other day that I’ve never seen Elliott Easton with a Hamer.  Dean, sure, and lots of custom or vintage Fender & Gibson, but never a Hamer.

Only Easton could come up with a left-handed Teardrop with a locking tremolo.  3x weird.

52 minutes ago, Rich_S said:

I'm a big Drooper fan.

spacer.png

That is a late 60s Italian made Vox Starstream. It has onboard distortion, treble booster, tuner percussion and a palm operated Wah. I had the 12-string version back in the day. I wish I had not sold it, they fetch a pretty penny these days.

http://www.voxshowroom.com/us/guitar/starsrteam.html

1 hour ago, Rich_S said:

Holy crap!  I was just thinking the other day that I’ve never seen Elliott Easton with a Hamer.  Dean, sure, and lots of custom or vintage Fender & Gibson, but never a Hamer.

Only Easton could come up with a left-handed Teardrop with a locking tremolo.  3x weird.

He’s in The Book!

5 hours ago, currypowder said:

The neck has a bit more girth than I was expecting with a very slight V carve, feels great in my uninjured left hand.

The neck profile sounds JUST RIGHT! ...if it were right handed.

Archived