Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Great looking guitar!  GLWTS

Psst, Madchester: I think what you missed, was the initially referenced Reverb listing was not a PSA, but rather, Punkavenger's guitar he is listing for sale (i.e., Mark's Gear Bazaar = Punkavenger) 😉

5 minutes ago, velorush said:

Great looking guitar!  GLWTS

Psst, Madchester: I think what you missed, was the initially referenced Reverb listing was not a PSA, but rather, Punkavenger's guitar he is listing for sale (i.e., Mark's Gear Bazaar = Punkavenger) 😉

Ahhh, yep! Guilty of that LoL,

Nice guitar.  Where there really only 20 of these Diablo LE’s made?  Not disputing the claim, I honestly am asking because it seems like I’ve seen more of this version (3-way blade switch) Diablo LE go up for sale over the past couple decades than the Cali LE’s  (and there were way more than 20 of those made).   As others have said good luck with the sale, it’s a very sharp looking guitar.  The Birdseye neck is very nice.    

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 7:01 PM, holLoWskull said:

Nice guitar.  Where there really only 20 of these Diablo LE’s made?  Not disputing the claim, I honestly am asking because it seems like I’ve seen more of this version (3-way blade switch) Diablo LE go up for sale over the past couple decades than the Cali LE’s  (and there were way more than 20 of those made).   As others have said good luck with the sale, it’s a very sharp looking guitar.  The Birdseye neck is very nice.    

"As far as I know"  The deal was 20 were made for a shop in England, those are the ones with the toggle switch. Then a few different shops in the USA also custom ordered runs of twenty. So when someone says "only twenty were made" it means a run of twenty were custom ordered for a specific shop. 

1 hour ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

It was for Trace Elliott in the UK IIRC.

The Trace Elliot Twenty had handwritten #x of 20 under the serial number, and also a three-way Rickenbacker toggle like the Sunbursts etc..

This is not one of those. although the difference is negligible - only the strat-style switch really.spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

The Trace Elliot Twenty had handwritten #x of 20 under the serial number, and also a three-way Rickenbacker toggle like the Sunbursts etc..

This is not one of those. although the difference is negligible - only the strat-style switch really.spacer.png

Ah yep, sorry I should have said, the limited edition for the UK was for TA. Nice Birdseye necks and that toggle :)

30 minutes ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

Ah yep, sorry I should have said, the limited edition for the UK was for TA. Nice Birdseye necks and that toggle :)

I should have realised you were answering the post immediately above.

It seems a) bizarre to called something "Limited" when there were several runs of these Diablos. Numerically, they must add up to more than many catalogue models; and b) that the UK market would specify a toggle switch, and that tiny detail would justify a special extra LE numbering; c) there is also a "limited" number of oil-finish bodies, many of those coming to the UK via Trace Elliot.

The toggle switch might tempt me to acquire it but the head stock orientation halts that... :P

Archived