Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA Blitz from 599 USD on the bay

59 minutes ago, DaveL said:

natural finish on headstock veneer and stamped serial number, is that original?                           Well it looks nice and is keeping with the rest of the guitars finish but there iS that black finish in the truss rod access hole so I would think the original finish on the headstock face was black other wise why would that be there. Experts here could say for sure.

It's not original - you can see the original black paint in the truss-rod cavity. Typical of Hamer to use quality veneer in a place where you'd never see it.

Also, the body wasn't intended as a "natural". Hamer set aside single piece bodies for the natural Blitzes at this time. The original colour may still be present in the cavities.

1983 - should be inked, not stamped. And the spacing is all wrong, which suggests it's not a factory restoration either.

I realize some of you lads are enamored of paddlehead Vectors and Blitzes, but if scored a sweet deal on a Blitz, I'd be in contact with Murkat forthwith for some cosmetic surgery.

That was a nice catch. It looked fairly good.

On 6/29/2020 at 7:55 PM, Biz Prof said:

I realize some of you lads are enamored of paddlehead Vectors and Blitzes, but if scored a sweet deal on a Blitz, I'd be in contact with Murkat forthwith for some cosmetic surgery.

Anything linked to Jay is in all cases a very good option....Very good job for the right price, whatever the subject is.

Archived