Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Strange Hamer sighting

I remember this pic years ago, stumbled upon it again today. Don't know which is stranger; Iommi w/ a Phantom, or Iommi in that sweater.

Iommi Hamer.jpg

I find both to be equally strange.  

The sweater is a Cosby apparatus that has no business being in Iommi's wardrobe. 

The guitar is cool, but really does not fit him or his style any more than a Jackson Soloist or Gibson Switchmaster would.

Oh...one other thing:  I've always found it strange that one of my old friends who chairs a department at the college where I work is Iommi's doppelganger...and never knew it.

Craig.jpg

13 hours ago, scottcald said:

To be fair, that's his Christmas photo.  

The sweater is not unprecedented.  There was the Sabs Christmas Sweater last year...

maxresdefault.jpg

23 hours ago, Brooks said:

I remember this pic years ago, stumbled upon it again today. Don't know which is stranger; Iommi w/ a Phantom, or Iommi in that sweater.

Iommi Hamer.jpg

So what I'm taking away from all this is, I really need to clean out my wardrobe. 😉

Actually, I remember the Phantom feeling very similar to an SG; the way it hangs, & kinda feels like the neck is farther "left" than other guitars.

1 hour ago, Brooks said:

Actually, I remember the Phantom feeling very similar to an SG; the way it hangs, & kinda feels like the neck is farther "left" than other guitars.

Or in his case, “right”....

Archived