Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD - Hamer Duotone Custom

cynic

After a few changes, here's the Duotone Custom I bought here several months back.  All the gold hardware was swapped for nickel and all the Lollar minis were swapped for Fralin hum-canceling P90s (much of that work done by @Jeff R at The Fret Shack).   Super cool guitar that I've admired from afar for many years and it will be with me for a good long while.  Not a perfect photo, but you get the gist.

image.png

What an incredible guitar, hated to see it leave haha. I have some cool photos I'll be putting on the shop's Facebook page next week, I'll share when I publish them. Here's a teaser in the meantime ...

20200623_092459.jpg

Wow! Looks sweet. What year is that? I can't remember when they switched to f-holes. 

On 6/29/2020 at 3:03 PM, sonic1974 said:

....I can't remember when they switched to f-holes. 

I believe the speed hole models ran from '94 to '96.

On 6/25/2020 at 1:56 PM, cynic said:

After a few changes, here's the Duotone Custom I bought here several months back.  All the gold hardware was swapped for nickel and all the Lollar minis were swapped for Fralin hum-canceling P90s (much of that work done by @Jeff R at The Fret Shack).   Super cool guitar that I've admired from afar for many years and it will be with me for a good long while.  Not a perfect photo, but you get the gist.

image.png

If it had any more "gist," I'd be applying for a "Duotone Loan."😍

Archived