Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Old News, But Still Good News: Johnny Marr Does James Bond Score

Saw this in my Yahoo! news feed this morning, it's dated yesterday, June 25th:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/no-time-die-bringing-back-073400821.html

I must've missed this news when it first came out, or just plain forgot about it.  Never mind that this was first announced sometime around January.  I guess a worldwide Pandemic will tend to push other news to the side.  But look Ma, no mention of Billie Eilish!

I haven't found any Marr music from the JB film on YooToob, but I'm still looking.

I know it's off the subject but seems to me, that after all these years old Jim should be at least a 0007 by now. I mean don't those super spies ever get promoted?

40 minutes ago, Hbom said:

I know it's off the subject but seems to me, that after all these years old Jim should be at least a 0007 by now. I mean don't those super spies ever get promoted?

Maybe they get promoted from numbers to the alphabet, like "Q" ?

I did find a YooToob clip of Marr playing the title song to "No Time To Die" that was posted in March:

...but somehow, I find his old stuff more entertaining, listenable, and playable, such as this clip that was posted in April...time to grab the short-scale guitar, retune, and go to the woodshed:

Maybe the instrumental (guitar) stuff in the Bond film will be better than the title song.  I can only hope!

Marr is a brilliant and tasteful player. Too bad I didn't really know anything about him until after he'd split from that repellent Emo zombie and walking Prozac advertisement, Morrissey. 

11 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

Marr is a brilliant and tasteful player. Too bad I didn't really know anything about him until after he'd split from that repellent Emo zombie and walking Prozac advertisement, Morrissey. 

Post of the week. 

Morrissey was always the weakest link in the Smiths to me.   Marr has always been a favorite player of mine, and the Joyce/Rourke rhythm section was incredible.   I personally love Johnny’s solo stuff.  Getting to meet the man and spend some quality time talking about family, gear and goofy shit was a highlight of my music fan life.

2431EC7D-1B3A-4CAC-B2F5-5C6D6DFAF939.jpeg

On 6/26/2020 at 8:06 PM, Biz Prof said:

I'm always trading listening suggestions with the other guitarist in my band.  We are both fairly open minded and like a lot of the same stuff and more than once he has offered up the opinion that Morrissey has some great stuff. I haven't found it yet. :-)  

Moz has done some good stuff. He's weird. But that cool. His latest album is pretty good actually.

Archived