Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Recommended Posts

No affiliation. These original Warlocks are bada$$ instruments! A friend had one in the mid-90’s, the neck and neck joint were something to behold. Features of the V, Firebird, and Strat, all rolled into one guitar. Lots o’ pointy ends but I still think it works. No overkill on the electronics, either. Find another one!

https://reverb.com/item/12769945-b-c-rich-warlock-ii-made-in-usa-1982-trans-red

image.jpeg.55baa28fb7e576e891544a0c4d8e86bf.jpeg

 

Edited by topekatj
Omission
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A rare bird, no doubt. Makes me wonder if the one for sale is the same exact guitar Bernie is holding in the ad. And...just imagine how much it would fetch if it came with one of those wide collared Bernie Rico shirts. 

Edited by Biz Prof
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biz Prof said:

A rare bird, no doubt. Makes me wonder if the one for sale is the same exact guitar Bernie is holding in the ad. And...just imagine how much it would fetch if it came with one of those wide collared Bernie Rico shirts. 

The instrument in the Kaman ad has a RH headstock, whereas the Reverb Warlock (and my old buddy’s guitar) have/had LH headstocks. I think the LH headstock look is hot!

This is a thick slab of mahogany! Considering how sculpted the guitar is and the quality of execution it’s hard to figure why BC Rich went with the surface mounted covers on the back of the guitar. But I think I could live with it! ALL 24 frets!

Edited by topekatj
Omission
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, topekatj said:

The instrument in the Kaman ad has a RH headstock, whereas the Reverb Warlock (and my old buddy’s guitar) have/had LH headstocks.

Good catch! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I found one in a pawn shop near Patrick Air Force Base on Florida's east coast.  It was just like the one in the ad above.  Had a brass vintage-style brass trem like the one in the ad too.  Two volumes and one tone.  I sold it in Dallas in 1989.  Idiot...

Link to post
Share on other sites

While these earlier ones are certainly rare, they’re the ugliest Warlocks ever made, IMO. That headstock doesn’t work for me and that term..blech. My favorites were the 3x3, with Kahlers or Badass bridges and full electronics. The one Mick Mars had was my dream Warlock. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, devrock said:

While these earlier ones are certainly rare, they’re the ugliest Warlocks ever made, IMO. That headstock doesn’t work for me and that term..blech. My favorites were the 3x3, with Kahlers or Badass bridges and full electronics. The one Mick Mars had was my dream Warlock. 

I always thought Mick's Warlock looked cool, too; even though I'm not really enamored of the uber-pointy guitars anymore. I do recall reading several times that he really didn't like it and that it was in his arsenal solely because of a deal the band made with B.C. Rich.  Then, note this comment from a relatively recent GW interview: "I don’t miss the pointy guitars. They all sounded really bad to me, and I hated all of them. They just didn’t work for me."

He goes on to say that he spec'd most of his Kramers to have the Tele body shape because no one else seemed to be wielding that style.  He remarked that they were very heavy, but looked cool and played well.  No surprise there, since Kramer (NJ) was an assembly shop putting together pieces made by LaSiDo or ESP rather than an actual factory. 

 

Edited by Biz Prof
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The guys haircut does not really do the guitar justice.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Disturber said:

The guys haircut does not really do the guitar justice.

He looks like once the photo session with the Warlock is finished,  he's going to meet up with his paesan Tony Manero at the hardware store and hit the disco.

Edited by Biz Prof
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

I always thought Mick's Warlock looked cool, too; even though I'm not really enamored of the uber-pointy guitars anymore. I do recall reading several times that he really didn't like it and that it was in his arsenal solely because of a deal the band made with B.C. Rich.  Then, note this comment from a relatively recent GW interview: "I don’t miss the pointy guitars. They all sounded really bad to me, and I hated all of them. They just didn’t work for me."

He goes on to say that he spec'd most of his Kramers to have the Tele body shape because no one else seemed to be wielding that style.  He remarked that they were very heavy, but looked cool and played well.  No surprise there, since Kramer (NJ) was an assembly shop putting together pieces made by LaSiDo or ESP rather than an actual factory. 

 

I never knew that! Interesting to know, although not terribly surprising, given he didn’t play any BCRs after the “Shout” album. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...