Hamer Fan Club Message Center

cool hamer 5 string bass

1 hour ago, scottcald said:

@diablo175  This is the bass for you!

I'd be inclined to agree... if I could play bass worth a shit.

I've really considered taking up the bass (again), if nothing else, to do my own bass for my originals recordings which are severely bass deficient. :P However, I'm thinking something a little less pricey to replace my old Peavey beater bass. LOL

4 hours ago, HAMERMAN said:

Cool color. I really dig the look of the set neck chap basses - especially the 5 strings with the reverse headstock. 

Better for reducing the flub from that B string too. But yes, it's all about the look.

those things thunder; there's nothing subtle about it. If you want to lay down some serious bedrock bass, that's what you want. I had one for several years, but ultimately it just didn't suit my more guitar-like approach to the bass, so I replaced it with a gen 1 5-string Cruise bass, which has much narrower string spacing.

and reverse headstock. functional AND sexy!

1 hour ago, MCChris said:

Better for reducing the flub from that B string too. But yes, it's all about the look.

>This<.  One of the reasons why I don't have a 5-string bass.  That reversed headstock helps string tension a lot on the low B.

Not a fan of the Chap Bass' body shape though, it's too short for my liking, especially the bass side horn IMO.

Archived