Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Camo Vector 81 and that Guitar Player mag —finally!!!

I got a very clean copy of the Guitar Player mag which contains a picture of a guitar that seems to be my camouflage Vector. The painting schema is exactly the same (they call it “combat finish”),  but the pickups are different. Nonetheless, it does look like the same guitar... or so I want to believe. 😉 Thanks to those who helped me to find the magazine!

029CBCBA-7ED3-4C7A-A3D6-532266B8BC06.jpeg

Gorch, I was the one who scanned the magazine pics for you before you evidently acquired a copy.  Man, I hate to rain on your parade but other than similar (not exact) paint on the upper wing, that doesn't look like the same guitar at all.  Yours is still really cool though.

3 hours ago, tommy p said:

Gorch, I was the one who scanned the magazine pics for you before you evidently acquired a copy.  Man, I hate to rain on your parade but other than similar (not exact) paint on the upper wing, that doesn't look like the same guitar at all.  Yours is still really cool though.

It isn’t the same guitar. It has a sister. Jol wrote this on the Hamer FB page:

5A936D82-3F0C-4D6F-9A7F-EEB8D0659624.jpeg

1 hour ago, zorrow said:

Sorry to see it confirmed, but that is a very cool story straight from Jol!  I wonder if you could find the other one and own them both.  Now THAT would be something!

34 minutes ago, tommy p said:

Sorry to see it confirmed, but that is a very cool story straight from Jol!  I wonder if you could find the other one and own them both.  Now THAT would be something!

Jol says that he believes the lady in the picture bought it. Her name is there. It shouldn’t be too hard to locate her, though she’s probably a gramma now —we are 39 years after that picture. It might still be interesting knowing where that guitar ended up. It’s still a cool story the sister of my guitar is on the mag, right?

I disagree that it's not the same guitar.  Jol states they were hand masked and varied in pattern.  If you look at the five bits of yellow, they appear to be identical in shape and placement.  I believe the brown has faded considerably and it's the same guitar.  

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

I disagree that it's not the same guitar.  Jol states they were hand masked and varied in pattern.  If you look at the five bits of yellow, they appear to be identical in shape and placement.  I believe the brown has faded considerably and it's the same guitar.  

Maybe it is. The picture is dark, but the pattern did look the same to my eyes.

4 minutes ago, zorrow said:

Maybe it is. The picture is dark, but the pattern did look the same to my eyes.

I doubt I'd pursue it further as I'm feeling pretty convinced already, but I wonder if it might be worthwhile to reach out to Guitar Player to see if getting a copy of the original photo might be an option.

4 minutes ago, cynic said:

I doubt I'd pursue it further as I'm feeling pretty convinced already, but I wonder if it might be worthwhile to reach out to Guitar Player to see if getting a copy of the original photo might be an option.

I think you’re right. The camo pattern is exactly the same. I added more light to the old picture and put them side to side. Judge for yourself:

79187C6E-E88C-45D4-AA20-5BF79966F63E.jpeg

1 hour ago, RobB said:

And a 5-way blade switch. 

HUSH!!!

3 hours ago, FGJ said:

looking at the closer. Photo, it looks the same.

If we had a picture of the other guitar, we would have the definitive answer. Is anyone around the owner of 1 3415 ? Does anyone here know Dianne Palosz, who is the lady in the picture?

On 7/2/2020 at 11:24 AM, zorrow said:

Nice of him to respond and all, but doesn't he know which one(s) went to NAMM and if 13414 was one (or the one)?  Seems to me that would be something noted in the serial number log book.
Maybe it's time to get @serial Steve on the case.

Archived