Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Uncle Ted (4-digit content)

5 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Yes/No, That was the consensus by the serial #, but I hear that has since been debunked. 

@cmatthes and @elduave Help me out ... but isn't that Wally Stocker playing guitar with Charlie?

5 hours ago, RobB said:

4 Silverface Twins, cranked.

8x12" JBLs.

4 Dual Showman cabinets.

8x15" JBLs.

That's a lot of firepower.

He was killin’ it in those days. I saw this show when it premiered.

When Ted recorded Stranglehold and Stormtroopin’ on the first album, he took his giant stage amp outfit into the studio and cranked it...tha is the sound of  Twin Verbs on 10. Complete badass since the beginning.

11 hours ago, RobB said:

4 Silverface Twins, cranked.

8x12" JBLs.

4 Dual Showman cabinets.

8x15" JBLs.

That's a lot of firepower.

That was a great clip! The good old days!

Some questions:

1) can you use that rig at home to get Teds sound at bedroom levels, if you use an attenutor? (if you have a big bedroom....)

2) is he chewing a gum or is he on speed?

1) No. 

2) Most likely chewing gum.I work with a guy who was a production mgr for Leber/Krebs during Ted’s salad days. He was around the guy CONSTANTLY for nearly a decade. Said during that whole time, Tee-totaling Ted had one shot of Kahlua on NYE in the early 80s. That’s it.  
Ted doesn’t like being out of control, at any time. 

23 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Yes/No, That was the consensus by the serial #, but I hear that has since been debunked. 

Yeah, Charlie used to live two doors down from our drummer's house where we practice.  He sold his to a friend of his in Michigan.  My guitar gained uncorroborated provenance from vintage dealer Dave Kenney.  Charlie did, however, really like my guitar.  He's since moved around the corner and no longer stands outside and listens to us on the sidewalk with a glass of wine or two.  Really great guy.

Archived