Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA - KOA Studio on 'Verb

No affiliation... if it was mine, it would never leave! Somebody save me from going into further debt for a guitar I wished existed and never knew did until this morning! Price might be optimistic - but it doesn't seem outrageous for such a rare bird - and if I had anything close, I'd make an offer for this Grail guitar! (Same seller also has a sustain-block SS-II and Phantom A5 newly listed, as well as that Hamer graphic SS-I.)

That top!!! AND a belly carve and wrap tail! Heaven!

https://reverb.com/item/34105011-hamer-1994-studio-limited-flame-koa-4-of-9-w-original-hard-case

$2499 for this one. Good luck finding one of the other 8 - I've only been on here a year and a half (occasional lurker prior), but I've never even heard mention of this Bill Kaman CO series before, and if I had known of them in the 90s, I'd have another couple decades of searching for one under my belt! My only hope is someone has one in player condition I might be able to score down the road... not bloody likely! 😪

2 hours ago, The Shark said:

How much for one?

20 minutes ago, joshoowah said:

$2499 for this one. Good luck finding one of the other 8

No one is really looking is his point.
1 of 8, koa, and all that happy horseshit, that guitar is easily overpriced by $1000.

UGH....  I had a line on that one last year (at a slightly lower price) and I ended up passing on it because I needed an amp more than I needed another guitar...

A koa studio is still on my short list...

48 minutes ago, joshoowah said:

$2499 for this one. Good luck finding one of the other 8 - I've only been on here a year and a half (occasional lurker prior), but I've never even heard mention of this Bill Kaman CO series before, and if I had known of them in the 90s, I'd have another couple decades of searching for one under my belt! My only hope is someone has one in player condition I might be able to score down the road... not bloody likely! 😪

I’ve only ever seen pictures of #’s 4 & 5. Never seen them in person and haven’t ever seen the others come up. 

2 hours ago, joshoowah said:

No less than 3 of them are owned by board members. I used to have one, back in 2010, great guitar, nice medium neck, belly carve. Are they tremendous guitars, no but they are very nice and if you like Koa they are a must have. 

52 minutes ago, Thundersteel said:

I may be just me, but that stunning koa top needs to have more than a plain dot fretboard. IMHO, it needs to have abalone traps and binding.

Not just you, but with wood that gorgeous sometimes I like less decoration, and in natural light, I bet that rosewood board is a beauty. I wouldn't mind a B&C neck, but I'd leave the body unbound, and if the neck was bound, I'd opt for matching flamed koa binding instead of much lighter ivoroid. Just me dreaming, here...

15 minutes ago, singlehum said:

What does the script writing say just above the '4 of 9'?

A98A1DEC-C01A-4C3B-B6B4-13642E052BF6.png

8 hours ago, kizanski said:

No one is really looking is his point.
1 of 8, koa, and all that happy horseshit, that guitar is easily overpriced by $1000.

Thanks, Mike.  I never comment sarcastically on anything other than a few "PSA" announcements.   

It is a killer guitar.  It's beautiful and I bet it sounds exceptional.  Fifteen-hundo is all the money.  But they ain't makin' 'em anymore either.  

And who am I to criticize someone for paying too much for a guitar?  Kizanski knows.

I had one. I think it was number two: I recorded an album with it, and it sounded very good.. Very good guitar, but "rare" and "desirable" aren't necessarily the same thing. Agree on the $1500 being realistic.

1 hour ago, polara said:

I had one. I think it was number two: I recorded an album with it, and it sounded very good.. Very good guitar, but "rare" and "desirable" aren't necessarily the same thing. Agree on the $1500 being realistic.

Got any old pics of #2?  I’d love to see them if you do...

I always found these interesting.   Limited Run for Bill Kaman with this one being #4 of 9.   There was one on Ebay a few years back. The seller has a make an offer on Reverb so my assumption is this one won't be around long.

Hamerica

I really loved mine, I sold it, because I was in my "Vintage" Hamer Phase. The one thing I didn't like and didn't change was the Bridge. The G and B never sounded right and I think that is because they are on that adjustable slide. Great Necks, good weight, Koa Top. 

Archived